If you've been savoring April's horror endeavor Outlast 2
, a patch has landed for the console versions that should make the scary title even tastier. Unfortunately, a new pair of underwear is not included with the patch. But the microphone doesn't use extra batteries anymore, so look forward to that instead.
According to developer Red Barrels, there have been "minor adjustments to the game’s difficulty in key areas and moments." Normal difficulty should now be more "appropriately balanced" while the Hard and Nightmare modes should remain more challenging.
The full patch notes are as follows (notes only applicable to the PC version were removed for conciseness):
- Microphone no longer uses extra batteries.
- Increased the size of subtitles.
- Fixed an issue with alternate controller mappings and the camcorder UI.
- Fixed an issue with double doors where one of them is locked.
- Fixed some heretic sound effects.
- Fixed multiple minor gameplay issues (collisions, crawling, tutorials, etc.)
- Fixed multiple rare crashes.
- Updated special thanks.
The patch is now live for the console versions of Outlast 2
We've got the full list of Outlast 2 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.