revealed a third new game style feature today: customizable characters. Players can create their own original character, customize the look of the character, and how it plays.
Players can also equip their customized character with a unique gadget, known as a Wispon. Wispons are an evolution of powers from Sonic Colors
(which was released for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS). These powers can be used to advance through a level quickly and as well as add offensive capabilities. There are hundreds of accessories and outfit options.
These are the screenshots from Sonic Forces
Players can choose from seven basic animal types:
- Rabbit - Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
- Cat - Keeps one ring after being hit
- Dog - Restarts with five rings after the player dies
- Bear – Blows away enemies with a homing attack
- Bird - Flies high with double jump abilities
- Hedgehog - Collects rings when getting damaged.
is expected to release on Xbox One during the 2017 holiday season.