Mind's Eye Games has released more information about the upcoming "Arsenal Update" for their action brawler Blast Brawl 2: Bloody Boogaloo, this time focusing on the new Gunslinger character.
Blast Brawl 2: Bloody Boogaloo's Gunslinger will be a ranged character equipped with a rapid-fire revolver which he can fire at any angle and a whip that can be used to fling himself around:
1: FREE-AIMING, QUICK-FIRING BULLETS
- First on the list: the Gunslinger's revolver is fairly unique in several ways.
- First, it can be aimed in ANY direction, instead of being locked to 8 directions like the Sniper or Rocketeer.
- The Gunslinger aims by holding down the attack button - an aim indicator (displayed by a slowly narrowing triangle) will appear, showing the direction he will fire. (He can move around while aiming, making him harder to hit!)
- The bullets are initially rather inaccurate, but the longer he aims, the more precise he will be.
- The bullets that are fired by the revolver hit their target instantly, and can be fired EXTREMELY quickly!
- However, the Gunslinger only has 3 shots in his gun before he must reload. Reloading is fairly fast, but you'd best be careful while in intense fights.
- All in all, the Gunslinger requires a lot of skill to use correctly (especially against large groups of enemies). He can only hit at most 3 enemies before he needs to reload, and it's fairly easy to miss a shot if you're not careful! However, with proper handling, the Gunslinger can snipe opponents who get anywhere close to him, and is capable of laying down a blistering barrage of death when pressed.
2: YOU MUST WHIP IT
- The Gunslinger's "Mobility Ability" it also a bit unorthodox. Instead of the conventional dodge roll or dash, he instead pulls out a whip and attempts to pull himself towards a distant target.
- This move does not help him dodge attacks, but used properly it can actually move him around at terrific speeds. He can repeatedly use it in the air, allowing him to traverse great distances as long as he has a ceiling or wall to pull himself towards!
- If used against an enemy, the foe will actually be pulled towards (and probably behind) the Gunslinger, while still propelling him forwards! Useful if you need to swap places with a target.
3: WHIP WITH PISTOL IF NECESSARY
When in a pinch - surrounded by enemies, out of bullets, and with no opening to escape - the Gunslinger is not helpless! His Defensive move allows him to rush forward, smacking a foe with the butt of his revolver, knocking them away. This can often create the opening needed to turn a bloody death into escape, then victory!
- Finally, the Gunslinger has one last move. An ace up his sleeve, if you will. By using his Special move - Ultrafocus - the Gunslinger slows down time, allowing him to aim more precisely and weave through incoming attacks to line up a perfect shot.
- Be warned, though - time slows for EVERY player. Depending on if you are comrades or enemies, this might be a good or a bad thing...
The "Arsenal Update" for Blast Brawl 2: Bloody Boogaloo is coming soon to Xbox One.
We've got the full list of Blast Brawl 2: Bloody Boogaloo achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.