It may be hard to believe but Rocket League
is officially celebrating its second birthday. Psyonix launched the game back in 2015 and since then the community has grown to over 33 million players across all platforms. To celebrate the occasion, a new anniversary update featuring new music, achievements and arena launches today.
There’s no denying the price of free and the anniversary update gives players more customization options, content and most importantly, achievements to keep us satisfied. The update will include:
The Anniversary Update
- FREE Rick & Morty Customization items distributed as Common drops after online and offline matches, including Rick and Morty Antennas, ‘Cromulon,’ ‘Mr. Meeseeks,’ and ‘Mr. PBH’ Toppers, an ‘Interdimensional GB’ Rocket Boost, and ‘Sanchez DC-137’ Wheels
- ‘Rocket League Radio,’ which adds a new default music playlist “Rocket League x Monstercat” with 18 new tracks from EDM music label Monstercat
- New Import Battle-Cars 'Animus GP' and 'Centio V17,' available exclusively as drops inside the new 'Overdrive Crate'
- New Overdrive Crate with the potential to unlock animated decals, brand-new trails, and more
- New customization options like 'Engine Audio,’ ‘Goal Explosions,' and 'Trails' that are a mix of FREE selections and Crate drops
- End to ‘Competitive Season 4’ and Trail rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
- Beginning of ‘Competitive Season 5’ with new changes
- Six new achievements and trophies
The update is available today at 6 p.m. EST.