Last month, Cities: Skylines
on Xbox One received a substantial patch
, alleviating achievement problems, save issues and more. A patch addressing some of the same issues — along with PC-specific problems — has now made its way to the Windows 10 version.
The full patch notes are as follows:
- Totally reworked the save and loading system, it will no longer overwrite your previous save if the save process is interrupted in any way.
- The save indicator will no longer disappear before the save has completed.
- Unfortunately previously corrupted saves cannot be rescued. They should be correctly detected and a warning message will appear.
- We would like to give a special thanks to all the users who reported and helped us track down the cause of this bug (and others too!), and recognise patience of those who waited for a fix.
- Fixed various memory leaks, and generally reduced the memory overhead of the game.
- Users should now be able to obtain all the achievements in game. If you load a save that still has the conditions met for unlocking the achievement you should be correctly awarded it.
- Fixed the bulldozer getting stuck open.
- Fixed a crash associated with the Guides.
- Partner Co-ordinator should now correctly appear as a role and not a person.
- Paradox logos have been updated with (R)
- All UI buttons should correctly indicate whether they are being pressed or not.
- Fixed various typos in localisations.
- The follow button will now disappear when a selected object moves out of your owned areas.
- Added a warning when trying to load a game while already in one.
- Arrows should no longer appear on menu items that cannot be toggled by pressing left or right.
- Fixed various alignment and sizing issues.
- Fixed text overruns in some locales.
- Fixed some locale showing the controller version when using mouse/keyboard
The patch is now available for the Windows 10 edition of Cities: Skylines
. While the game is available on both Xbox One and Windows 10, it's not a Play Anywhere title.