Kalypso Media announced today that gamers will soon get to reprise their role as El Presidente, the dictator of Tropico Island, in the upcoming Tropico 4
On this go around as the Island's leader, players will have more superpowers to negotiate with as well as the ability to elect ministers. This latter addition may not sound all that exciting at first, but those ministers can then use the power you've given them to help El Presidente pass his more controversial policies. Everyone has their own agenda, however, so you have to be mindful of what your ministers do. Besides the new staffing, new natural disasters will occur in game to test the mettle of you and your cabinet.
Kalypso also detail some of the game's key features:
* New campaign – Face 20 new challenging missions across 10 entirely new mapsTropico 4
* Build Your Vision of Island Perfection – Not only are the graphics enhanced, but 20 new buildings including the stock exchange, shopping mall, aqua park and a mausoleum for El Presidente allow you to craft your perfect balance of beauty and economic efficiency
* State of Emergency - Six new interactive disasters including volcanoes, droughts and tornadoes prove that Mother Nature can be a tougher adversaries than opponents bent on your political ouster
* Council of Ministers - Appoint selected citizens to ministerial posts to help push through and enact your more controversial decisions and edicts
* National Agenda – Receive objectives from Tropican factions, foreign geopolitical powers or opportunities relating to current island events that can further or hamper your dictatorial ambitions
is currently set for a Q2 2011 release.