Console MOBA players have been all aboard the SMITE
train for more than two years with no sign of the updates stopping. Next on the menu is the "Divine Light" patch. As the development team at Hi-Rez prepares for this weekend's Dreamhack Valencia tournament and the huge mid-season patch, "Divine Light" is a smaller update that should segue nicely into things to come.
"Divine Light" fixes minor bugs, makes a few balance adjustments — including a few to the Trials of King Hercules Adventure
— and adds more skins with which players can adorn their favorite gods.
Athena, Artemis, newest god Cu Chulainn, Kumbhakarna, He Bo and Tyr have all received slight buffs that should help bring them up to speed in the current meta. The Church Blessings in the Trials of King Hercules event will now provide additional benefits, with the Blessing of Might being upped to 40% extra damage from 20%, and the Blessing of Protection now offering 40% extra damage reduction, also bumped up from 20%. This should make completing the event and earning the rewards easier for players hoping to do so.
For cosmetics enthusiasts, as always there are a host of new skins: Beamy Chibi Ra has been added to the The Flock chest along with Heaven's Arrow Hou Yi (rolls are 200 gems), Venus Aphrodite (obtained by purchasing the Venus Competitors Pack in the SMITE: Hand of the Gods
PC card game — it's not clear how this will work for console players), Bloodthirster Izanami (directly purchasable for 250 gems) and the Elevate Ares esports skin (available in the Elevate Bundle for 400 gems; also comes with 300 fantasy points and the Elevate Ward Skin).
Cu Chulainn, the newest Celtic god who was added in the last patch
, has a new achievement set. We've already scanned them in here on TA:
The Strategist achievement in SMITE worth 87 points"Unlock the Smite Award "Strategist"!
"As Cu Chulainn, kill an enemy within 2 seconds of firing the Barbed Spear Ability and live."
The Berserker achievement in SMITE worth 217 points"Unlock the Smite Award "Berserker"!
"As Cu Chulainn, transform into Berserk mode by hitting at least 2 Gods with the Spear of Mortal Pain Ability."
There are also some changes exclusive to the console editions:
- Auto Run is being added with 4.12. To initiate, hold left on the D-pad.
- We added a notification pop up if you attempt to go to the play menu without selecting a quest to start. This will only display if there is a quest selection available. Players can opt out of the notification displaying
- We fixed an issue with Recommended tags being displayed on all Clans.
- Ranked leaderboard entries have been resized to be consistent with God leaderboard entries.
- We fixed an issue where some players could not view entries on God leaderboards.
- We fixed an issue where some players could not view entries on the Adventures leaderboard.
- We fixed an issue where the Demonic Pact Anubis loading card animation would not play.
- Some players may see overlapping text in their “Create Custom Match” UI but functionality will still work.
The patch will go live on Wednesday, July 12th. SMITE
patches usually go live in the early morning (Eastern time zone).