Those in the Xbox preview program have already been enjoying some of the latest additions to Xbox One for a while. For everyone else, today's update catches you up and delivers several key and sought after features. Xbox Live's Director of Programming, Larry Hryb, perhaps better known by his gamertag Major Nelson, shared
the full details of the latest update which is rolling out today for all players.
- Custom gamerpics — Upload an image of your choosing, provided it meets the proper dimensions and conduct requirements.
- Mixer co-streams — Take to Xbox's native streaming app and share the spotlight with up to three other channels for some cross-promotion or just some added fun.
- Assigned controllers — Assign your controller to your profile and the Xbox will automatically recognize who's sitting down to play when the corresponding controller is turned on.
- Arena updates — Playing Killer Instinct? Now you can create your own tournaments and host them straight from your Xbox. When competitors are streaming their matches you can now jump in quickly too using the Bracket tab and choosing which competitor to spectate.
Various Xbox app updates for iOS and Android have also arrived including:
- Chat bubble overlay so you can navigate the app and keep conversations within reach (Android only at this time)
- Looking for Group posts can be shared to the activity feed
- Game Pass subscribers can now view the current lineup of included titles and install them to their Xbox directly from within the app
The update is available now and, depending on your power settings, may have installed already without you ever knowing.