Events are always a prime time for developers to reveal new information about their games. This weekend, Hi-Rez has done so for SMITE
, dropping plenty of spoils at Dreamhack in Valencia, Spain. Before you forget, there is also a double fantasy points event live until Monday, July 17th at 5 a.m. EDT, so be sure to double your progress toward rewards like skins and announcer packs while waiting for the new patches to release.
First up is the Project Olympus initiative. While there has always been a steady stream of new content and cosmetics released for SMITE
, many long-term players are more concerned with improvements to the game. Project Olympus promises three patches full of quality of life changes and new features like multi-queue, a revamped Wisdom area, changes to Siege, new and improved god leaderboards and more. Console players should take special note of Patch 4.15 that Hi-Rez has said will be fully focused on the console versions:
- Quickview of stats on HUD
- LB+RB controller mapping for your Ultimate ability
- Individual God History
- End of Match Lobby option to Invite to Party or Add Friend
- Aim acceleration and dead zones configurable
But before the console-specific Patch 4.15 hits Xbox and PS4, 4.13 and 4.14 will be released. Not to worry, there are still improvements here that console players will be happy to see. Patch 4.13 focuses on "engines and systems":
- Multi-Queuing for Casual Modes
- Brand-new Wisdom Video area with 30+ tutorial videos for both new and experienced players.
- Prestige Levels - Allowing players to go from level 30 all the way to level 160!
- Triumphant Chests — This is a new system that allows players to collect chests in a systematic way for each win! Players will have the ability to speed up their acquisition of chests with favor or gems.
- Siege Map optimizations and improvements! Game rules have been revisited and map environment optimized.
- Console Notifications Log — This is a long-awaited feature that allows console players to see events that have occurred during their play session.
Patch 4.14 is dubbed the "Ranked Refresh":
- Fantasy Points Gifting — Player can now gift a portion of their earned FP to another player that they think deserves recognition.
- Pre-God Selection \ Ban Selection — Introducing a new match lobby state for both PC and console that allows players to “call out” the god they would like to play and a ban they would like the leader to make.
- Console Ranked Leaderboard has improved presentation for better readability.
- God Leaderboards will add a score to help players understand the sorting.
- Ranked Placements will add a new "targeting" division that shows the player for matchmaking purposes where they are being rated.
- Buff Timer Update — mini-map will now show time remaining on buffs.
- Minion count will be added to towers.
There has also been a reveal of the next goddess: Artio, The Bear Goddess. She'll be a stance-switching Guardian, changing between human and bear form:
Lastly, it's the time of year that the Summer of SMITE is soon to start. As always, the event will provide summertime fun in the form of events and skins. So far Kaijunbo Kuzenbo and Foxy Lady Da Ji have been revealed, with six additional items that have yet to be announced. Additions will be spread out over the next four patches with the event wrapping up in 4.16.
Of course, this is all planned for future patches. If you still need to catch up with where console SMITE
is at right now, be sure to check out the patch notes for the "Divine Light"
update, which hit consoles this week.