The newly-announced MMORPG Citadel: Forged With Fire
has all the fixings of a promising fantasy world — constructing castles, taming fantastical beasts, flying on broomsticks and mastering magical spells. From Slender: The Arrival
developer Blue Isle Studios, Citadel
is part sandbox and part RPG, all playable in a multiplayer environment.
is quite a leap from the studio's two prior games, and Blue Isle admits it's an ambitious project. They also waited a long time to reveal it — it'll already be heading onto Steam's Early Access program on July 26th with a full release to follow at a later date on Xbox One and PS4. Their goal is to "work closely with our community to build the ultimate fantasy sandbox game that is playable online with friends."
- Tame Legendary Beasts: Tame or ward off Savage Orcs, Horses, Direwolves, Dragons and more.
- Form Alliances and an Empire: Build your house, create a flag and establish a hierarchy as you prepare for war against other houses!
- Explore a Massive Fantasy World: Visit Sweeping plains, dense forests, craggy mountains, festering swamps, a frozen tundra and more...
- Study the Arcane Arts: Learn and master a wide range of powerful spells!
- Want to Fly?: Use your Wizardly prowess to take to the skies using a broomstick, a dragon, an eagle or alchemy!
- Build and Bash Epic Castles: Construct the castle of your dreams, use magic to enhance your fortress or take advantage of the dynamic destruction system and crush an opposing house.
- Character Customization: Dress your Mage the way you want, with a limitless variety of clothing and weapon options!
Blue Isle posted on the game's Steam page that they're estimating it'll be in Early Access for eight to 12 months. The team is hoping for an early 2018 release.