The latest update to Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
improves fish AI and makes the struggle to reel in the big one more realistic. Fish no longer give up and now will contest players more consistently until they are caught. Improvements to line mechanics will also help virtual fishermen more easily recognize the size of the potential catch via tension on the line. To see a full list of changes and bug fixes, please refer to the complete patch notes below:
We are pleased to say that our next patch is now available for PC and Xbox One. This significant update see’s many improvements and fixes to the core game. We have improved the fish AI meaning that the fish fight all the way to the bank and you will know very quickly whether you are into a monster or not by the amount of tension the fish is putting onto the line. We have also fully connected the line to the reel which now spins with the bail arm.
The full list of notes are as follows;
- Games engine has been upgraded to 4.15.
- Line on the rod is now fully connected to the reel.
- Improved fish AI to make fights feel more realistic.
- Line tension has been modified, clutch is now set to 40 by default.
- Improved visual movement of reel moving
- Multiplayer Matchmaking UI has been updated.
- Implementation of content add on system.
- New lake add on available.
- Fixed issue where incorrect boss fish thumbnails would be displayed in the Angler’s Log.
- Fixed an issue where opening rod select widget whilst reeling would cancel in reeling.
- Improved times on loading screens.
- Fixed issues that would sometimes prevent Academy tutorials from being completed.
- Fixed multiple collision boxes on environmental assets.
- Fixed issue regarding physics of the line when reeling in.
- Fixed bug where after picking up a rod with a fish on, the fish will instantly be lost.
- High line tension with the clutch set to 0 should now occur less frequently.
- Various text clipping issues have been fixed.
- Fixed issue where incorrect button prompts would appear.
- Fixed inconsistencies in some tackle shop item names.
- Fixed bug where brands/logos would appear upside down on rods.
- Fixed bug regarding cast lines when teleporting, whilst holding a cast out rod.
- Fixed bug where lines could get stuck in specific trees that hindered gameplay during Academy levels and Challenges.
- Implementation of Dovetail Live service.
This update for Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
is live on Xbox One.