The free "Ultimate Team" DLC for FIFA 11
is about to get better. EA Sports have announced that they will soon be releasing a major features update, with two new additions:Play A Friend Challenge
Play A Friend Challenge enables you to test your skills against your friend’s Ultimate Team, even when your friend isn’t online. Take on your friend’s squad whenever you like with the CPU controlling your friend’s squad. Results are recorded and presented to your friend the next time they log on to their console. Now you can prove who has the best Ultimate Team whenever you are ready to play. Plus, when you return to your console, you can see who played your squad, left you a message, and challenge them to a rematch when you want to play. Friends Leaderboards
Compare your progress in FIFA 11 Ultimate Team against friends automatically with personalized leaderboards. Regardless of how you choose to play, you can now compete and compare your progress whether you are a trader, expert team builder, top entrepreneur in the auctions, or simply want to compare the value of your club.
The update also includes over 50 improvements and fixes that are based on the feedback from the FIFA community. Here's a list of the most important changes:
• Improved Menu Navigation Hierarchy
• Fixed some Tournament Progression Bugs
• Red indications for players who are unhappy with formation or position
• Latency Indicator now appears correctly in all online match types
• Quick Navigation Manager changes on the Squads Screen
• Various Stability issues
• Quick Navigation Formation changes on the Squads Screen
• Fixed missing Sound effects in a number of places
• Better Layout for apply items panels
• Fixed Online Match option to Power passing assistance always off.
• Club Record and Trophies now visible in the Squad Stats screen
• Fixed problem with refreshing friends list too fast on large friends lists
• Online Play a friend matches are now called Invite Matches
• Fixed the Player photos for 5 players
• New the animation on the subs reserve bench in the squads screen
• Made the purchase prices more clearly Coins or Currency in the store
• Scroll speed improvements on Auction Pricing
• New minimum bid increase value on auctions as the price gets higher
• Item help Descriptions now on the apply item screen
• Apply items only shows items that can be applied to the specific player
• Auctions that have expired that are not won now fade out to grey in the Auction house
• Relist auctions remembers the last price you listed the item at.
• Auction Searching now remembers your last Search for the duration of your session
• Player items bio screen displays the Price you paid to buy an item
• Ensure that new items always indicates what you can do with an item.
• 2 new tutorials
The patch is due to be released on February 17th. "FIFA 11 Ultimate Team" can be downloaded for free from here
, or from the main menu of the game.