One of the community managers from Respawn Entertainment released new details for the “Operation Frontier Shield” patch for Titanfall 2
. The patch has free content, including new maps and game changes, as well as some paid content that can be acquired for hard earned cash.
A new mode called Frontier Defense has been added, featuring a new co-op four player mode. Davis and Droz of the Last Resort guide you through five increasingly difficult waves where you protect the Harvester. Five maps are initially playable in this mode: Homestead, Forwardbase Kodai, War Games, Rise, and Blackwater Canal, with more expected to be added.
Among the paid content are custom warpaints for pilot weapons that give everyone on your team an XP bonus, as well as giving those who actually own the warpaint a 10% chance of getting a double XP bonus per weapon (up to 30%). Titan warpaints are also for sale. When equipped they give an aegis bonus to those who equip it, including a potential 4X stackable bonus for the whole team when up to four Titans on the team have the warpaint equipped. The Titan warpaints are only available for US$4.99 or US$24.99 for the bundle, and only until August 28th for those with the limited edition.
The following weapons are available for US$4.99 or US$24.99 for the whole bundle (the bundle is only available until August 28th):
- G2A5 “MASTERWORK ELITE”
- ALTERNATOR “FRONTIER PATRIOT ELITE”
- B3 WINGMAN “AQUA FADE ELITE”
- ARCHER “PHANTOM ELITE”
- CAR “CRIMSON FURY ELITE”
- R-201 CARBINE “UNDERGROUND ELITE”
- EVA-8 AUTO SHOTGUN “BADLANDS ELITE”
- FLATLINE “BLUE FADE ELITE”
Rounding out the patch are a number of game improvements, game balance, and pilot balance changes. The patch details are listed below.
- Added more out of bounds triggers to Complex.
- New stats page for maps, including tracking of Frontier Defense difficulty levels.
- Visual improvements for Weapon and Titan stats pages.
- Ogre class Titans now have a baseline of 1 dash with a 10 second cooldown.
- Turbo Engine will now reduce cool down of Scorch and Legion’s dashes to 5 seconds. It will still behave the same as before for other Titan classes.
- Overcore now gives 20% core meter.
- Electric Smoke unlocks at 20% instead of 25%.
- Sword Block damage reduction reduced by 5%.
- Scorch will now have 1 dash charge with a 10 second cooldown.
- Increased Firewall’s width.
- Scorch Kits
- Wildfire Launcher now increases the direct-hit damage of the Thermite Launcher. It still increases the amount of fire spread.
- Scorched Earth’s lingering fire lasts longer.
- Tempered Plating now makes Scorch immune to crits and his own thermite damage.
- Fixed a bug with Flame Core not igniting Incendiary Traps.
- Legion will now have 1 dash charge with a 10 second cooldown.
- Hidden Compartment: Power Shot has two charges and Power Shot damage is reduced by 15%.
- XO-16 base magazine size increased to 40 rounds.
- Reduced the strength of the slow effect of Energy Siphon.
- Slightly reduced effectiveness of Arc Rounds against Vortex Shield and Heat Shield.
- Multi-Target Missile System no longer locks onto cloaked targets.
- Aim Assist settings have been modified for Assault Rifles and SMGs.
- ARs and SMGs require you to be aiming closer to your target before any ADS assist takes effect.
- Reduced the overall effectiveness of ADS assist for Assault Rifles.
- Titan Hunter kit modified to be 10% extra Titan meter from damage instead of 10% Titan Meter on Titan Kill.
- Now has just 1 charge, but recharges faster.
- Medium and long damage significantly reduced.
- One of the positive changes we saw in the High TTK playlist was the increase of weapon diversity. It is our hope that between the Aim Assist nerf and this SMG nerf, we’ll see weapon diversity increased across all three platforms.
- Reduced fire rate: In this particular instance, we felt that the reduced fire rate simply made the gun feel better since the gun stabilizes better between shots.
- Slightly reduced damage at medium range. It still has the best medium range damage of any Assault Rifle.
- No longer locks onto cloaked targets.
- No longer locks onto cloaked targets.
- High TTK playlist changes for the P2016, Wingman, Wingman Elite, and Mozambique have been brought over to bring their power level down now that all Pilots can carry a secondary weapon.
- Lunge time and melee hit frames changed to .3 seconds from .2 seconds. This will help people firing weapons, particularly automatic weapons, get extra shots in before the lunge completes.
- Melee lunge range reduced.
- Non-lunge melee attack range increased. This will help with the cases where melee looks like it should hit but doesn’t connect with the target.
GAME MODE ADJUSTMENTS
- Various improvements to the UI for Private Match, including increased visibility of text chat on PC.
MISC BUG FIXES
- Fixed issues with purchasable Nose Arts not showing up correctly on Titans.
- Spectators in Marked for Death can no longer be marked for death.
- (Xbox One) Buttons and pod doors in War Games intro sequence now play at the correct volume.
- Titan Nose Arts flagged as Advocate Gift unlocks may now actually be awarded when opening Advocate Gifts.
The “Operation Frontier Shield” patch is now available.