With the beta only around a month away, Sledgehammer Games has revealed details of Call of Duty: WWII
's five Divisions, which will act as the multiplayer classes. Each will have their own unique skills and training, the official descriptions of which are as follows:
1. Armored DivisionThis Division specialises in laying down a withering offense to buy their team breathing room. Their bipod-equipped light machinegun shreds lightly armoured targets, while their armour protects them from enemy explosives, tactical equipment and flamethrowers. When extra punch is required, the Anti-Tank Grenade sticky bomb is the ideal choice.
LMG Bipod III: Protect territory by mounting your machinegun on ledges or while prone for less recoil
Armored III: Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment. Take less fire damage. Take less explosives damage.
2. Mountain DivisionRemaining undetected, this Division excels at covert operations and stealth gameplay. When armed with sniper rifles, the Mountain Division prefers to stay at a distance, waiting patiently for the perfect shot. If detected, smoke grenades and the S-Mine 44 “Bouncing Betty” provide opportunities to escape or retaliate.
Sniper Sharpshooter III: Block out your surroundings and in return acquire aim assist and enemy names while holding breath.
Mountain III: Invisible to enemy Recon Aircraft while moving. Hidden to player-controlled Streaks. Quieter Movement.
3. Airborne DivisionThis maneuverable Division is usually the first to the fight, parachuting into the thick of the action. Armed with suppressed submachineguns, these frontline fighters excel at taking and holding enemy positions until more heavily armoured reinforcements arrive.
SMG Suppressor III: Hides muzzle flash and prevents gunfire from appearing on enemy mini-maps, but reduces range of weapon.
Airborne III: Sprint for longer distances. Climb over obstacles faster. Increased sprint speed.
4. Expeditionary DivisionArmed with a hearty supply of explosives and tactical equipment, the fighters specialise in sabotage, infiltration, and close-quarters combat. Their special Division Skill loads devastating incendiary shells into their shotguns to set fires and terrorize their opponents.
Shotgun Incendiary Shells III: Shotgun shells that spark flames that burn enemies.
Expeditionary III: Select a piece of Tactical and Lethal Equipment. Throw equipment faster, farther & while sprinting. Resupply equipment from killed enemies.
5. Infantry DivisionAs all-around combat specialists, the Infantry Division emphasizes marksmanship and rarely misses their shots. Special training on the use of the bayonet makes Infantry riflemen a threat at all ranges.
Rifle Bayonet III: Special training on the use of the bayonet makes Infantry riflemen a threat at all ranges.
Infantry III: Additional attachment on Primary Weapon. Extra magazines. Move faster while aiming down sights.
Call of Duty: WWII
's beta weekend starts at 10 a.m. PDT on September 1st and continues until 10 a.m. on September 4th, with the full game set to be released on November 3rd.
We've got the full list of Call of Duty: WWII achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.