Publisher Kalypso Media
has announced they will be handling the publishing duties for Daedalic Entertainment
's upcoming turn-based tactical RPG Blackguards 2
is the sequel to The Dark Eye: Blackguards
. It will come with even more "hexfield" battles and a story filled with more violence and crime than the first. Players can build their own play style whether they want to stay on the front lines as a combat monster, or at a bit of a distance as a mage or ranged fighter — the choice will be yours as to how you want to build your character. You never know when or where death will be waiting for you, so be careful with the decisions you make as every action has its consequences.
Learn more about the story of the upcoming title below:
Three years have passed since Count Uria´s plots. The Vanquishers of the Nine Hordes long parted ways but life in Aventuria went on. Cassia, a young woman of noble descent, has only one goal: She wants to claim the Shark Throne, no matter the price; and be it only for one day.
Unfortunately, there are two problems that potentially foil her plans. First of all, she spends her days incarcerated in a dungeon and secondly, there is already a man on her throne: Marwan. She is neither fond nor proficient in matters of diplomacy or politics, so she chooses a more… practical approach. She intends to break out of prison and overthrow Marwan to claim the throne herself. For this, she needs strong allies. She needs to recruit an army of Sellswords and rally the Vanquishers of the Nine Hordes around her.
The following screens and the trailer are not new, but seeing as it's the first time covering the game for us, take a look at the adventure in store as well as characters, weapons, enemies, environments and a whole lot more:
There's also a list of key features that includes the likes of recruitment, upgrading, decision-making, and more:
- Recruit mercenaries, find upgrades and build an indomitable army
- Find the Vanquishers of the Nine Hordes and see what has become of Takate, Naurim and Zurbaran
- A story with many twists and turns, fateful decisions and more than 20 challenging hours of playtime awaits you
- Command up to 20 characters in your party and lead them to death or glory
- Master and finish the game on many different non-linear paths
- Make decisions influencing your squad and the ending of the game
- Choose your spells, talents and skills wisely, since they dictate your strategy on the battlefield. Give priority to offensive or tactic in challenging battles
- Interact with your environment and let walls collapse or even discover new routes on your journey through Aventuria
- Lay waste to your enemies with powerful spells and abilities. But be on your guard: your foes may wield them as well
There's no official release date for Blackguards 2
but the publisher has linked to GAME
for those interested in pre-ordering the title. The retailer currently has the game listed for September 15th.
We've got the full list of Blackguards 2 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.