Nearly two weeks after release, the latest patch for Fortnite
is now live and takes aim to alleviate any issues players are having in the game. A rather hefty patch, the full list of changes along with a list of issues currently being worked on are listed below:
Major Known Issues
- Players are sometimes shown 0 zone score and XP when completing missions, but are still awarded XP and Skill Points upon returning to frontend
- Friend and Party Invites/Joins are sometimes delayed, or fail altogether
- Purchasing the Weapon Transformation node does not unlock Transforming in the Armory
- Global Chat shows a "Joining general chat" message to players who have communications blocked
- Party Finder does not populate newly added Xbox Live friends while the title is running
- Added options in the Settings menu to turn off specific HUD elements.
- Items are no longer marked by default for recycle when entering recycle mode, making it more difficult to unintentionally recycle the wrong item.
- Added an option to toggle visibility of hats and backpacks on Heroes.
- Updated visuals in the Skill Tree to make it more obvious which node is currently selected.
- Added an option in the main menu to set Storm Shield building permissions for party members. No more running to your Storm Shield in the middle of battle.
- Added a notification for players who load into another player’s Storm Shield mission if they attempt to do something they do not have permission to do.
- Ammo crafting page in the inventory now shows weapons the player currently has equipped. This permits seeing their ammo counts during crafting.
- Ninja and Outlander quests are now displayed in the campaign map.
- Tweaked Plankerton, Canny Valley and Twine Peaks Storm Shield maps for better game balance on higher difficulties
- Fixed some mini-map icons on weapons that would look like boxes when dropped in the world.
- Fix a hang that would occur when dropping some weapons.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Homebase Banner Icons to appear stretched on the end of mission banners.
- Fixed collision with the rocks in the Canny Valley Storm Shield.
- Clouds will now dissipate after firing the Atlas in Fight the Storm missions.
- Fixed a bug where the teleporter FX will scale to an enormous size if placed on a slope.
- Music stinger now plays when Husks are woken up.
- Improved Husk sleeping sounds.
- Pitcher Husk wind-up and throw is more noticeable.
- Fixed a rare audio crash on Xbox One.
- Per policy discussion with Microsoft, removed ability for PC friends to join players on Xbox One
- Phase Shift will no longer kill an Outlander if used over a Teleporter gadget.
- Enemies now correctly detach from the Bull Rush shield when colliding with other surfaces.
- Enemies are now always visible above the clouds on the mini map
- Major performance improvements on the mini map
- Supply Drop no longer floats before landing on the ground
- Fixed a bug with the Constructor's animation not resetting after dying while using Bull Rush
- Can no longer use Supply Drop or Air Strike while in Bull Rush or Dragon Slash
- Item stacks that aren't at max limit will now auto-stack.
- Fixed a rare issue where players wouldn’t respawn.
- Fixed an issue where Defenders weren’t able to fire charging weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the Soldier’s death animation which failed to play during the Shockwave ability animation.
- Fixed an issue with damage numbers which would occasionally cause the number "0002" to appear.
- Fixed an issue where players that joined wouldn't see the correct BluGlo count.
- Improved Defender spawning and teleporting to prevent Defenders from not spawning on the Defender Pad.
- Fixed an issue where after moving a Defender, the player would lose the gun and ammo that the Defender had equipped.
- Fixed an issue with schematic crafting progress.
- Fixed several enemy collision issues.
- Fixed an issue where loot containers in Storm Shields would often appear as the default orange box mesh.
- Custom key bindings can now be properly cleared using “Reset To Default” in the Input tab of Settings
- Fixed players being unable to interact with pickups when they joined after the pickup was created
- Fixed an issue where Husks would be able to damage the player from a great distance away.
- Fixed an issue where Husks would move and float in the air.
- Fixed an issue where the first objective was not started before the player reached the lab, causing objectives to not be completed.
- Fixed an item stacking problem that could result in quest rewards going to Storm Shield Storage despite available inventory space.
- Fixed various crashes which could occur when starting a mission.
- Fixed an issue where players could cause damage and destroy Lars’ van during Ride the Lightning.
- Fixed an issue causing players to be unable to claim Expeditions.
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t receive the right tier of weapon from an Expedition.
- Fixed an issue where players became blocked during the first “Ride the Lighting” mission.
- Fixed an issue where rescuing survivors wasn’t giving quest progress.
- More descriptive information will now be displayed for skill tree nodes that modify player attributes.
- Weapons and traps now rotate on the inspect screen.
- Fixed an issue that would only allow the far-left loot card choice to be selected.
- Llama loot cards no longer show total amount of resources, to avoid confusion about how much the user got.
- Fixed an issue where a Defender's main and stats panel tab didn’t display information in the armory.
- The drop item window will no longer appear while trying to drop an item as the rewards flow begins.
- Heroes now display the appropriate info for their support perks at their current level
- The item management Level Up filter now limits the view to items the player has enough XP to upgrade.
- Fixed issues with text being cut off in the collection book.
- Fixed an issue that prevented claiming quest rewards that were completed during the tutorial.
- Fixed for client crash after signing out of Xbox Live during the Loot Llama Quest.
- Reduced distance of pickup HUD indicator text
- Hid the "Leave Party" button from party management menu when in zone. This prevents the player from leaving the party and the zone without going through the proper warnings.
- Fixed some text that wasn’t localized in error messages.
- Fixed some issues where players were prevented from completing the tutorial if they logged out of the game during the tutorial.
- Rapidly claiming expedition rewards should no longer cause an error.
- Fixed party invitations occasionally not appearing when a friend re-invites you.
- Many localization fixes.
- Fixed an issue where the player would lose functionality in the collection book rewards screen.
- Items that are removed from overflow as a result of slotting other items in the Collection Book are not able to be slotted into the Collection Book
- Loot Llama quest completion has a delay after claiming Upgrade Llama loot
- Skill tree videos do not load until second click
- “Faster Exit” perk does not apply
- “Bearricade” does not slow down enemy husks
- Founders Emblem has 3 different names across the UI
- Onboarding and Outpost cinematics do not obey volume sliders
- BluGlo models sometimes stretch across the map
- Player retains full character movement while chat is focused
- When a tab within the Vault is selected, the first item in the tab is selected by default
- Party members lose Play options when loading in and out of Storm Shield zone together
- Amplifier outlines in the Storm Shield are visible even when not they aren't intractable
- Players are not brought from the Map to the Lobby if the Main Menu is open
- Bull Rush's damage and knockback don't activate right away
- Players have to click Apply and Close after changing their Banner
- Bluglo is not saved for players that Rejoin a game in progress from the Abandon / Rejoin menu
- Earning the Exploration Badge does not reveal Survivors that have not been found
- Console users do not have the option to remove hats from heroes
What's next in the world of Fortnite
? Executive Producer Zak Phelps and Creative Director Darren Sugg update you on where we are in Fortnite
and what to expect in the future.
Patch 1.4 is now live.