2K has recently released details regarding a companion app and the guest commentators for the upcoming NBA 2K18
. The MyNBA2K18
app announcement came with a list of features and there is a trailer that previews the new guest commentary.
Kristaps Porzingis of the New York Knicks will be the face of the app this time around, but many features will be returning from last year. These include face scanning to upload your likeness to the main game, the MyTeam Mobile mode, and daily opportunities to gain Virtual Currency. Check out the full list of MyNBA2K18
Integration with NBA 2K18
- Facial Scanning with your mobile device to get YOU in NBA 2K18 on PS4 and Xbox One
- Earn Virtual Currency daily
- Shop for console items while on the go from expanded MyPLAYER Store
- Watch 2KTV any time from your device
- Many ways to play with Quick Game, Playoff, and PVP game modes
- Daily Objectives – complete each day for in-game rewards
- Team Login Incentives – Login daily to earn team packs to distribute to teammates
- Over 300 new MyTeam Mobile cards for the NBA’s 2017-2018 season
Moving on from the app news, the new guest commentators revealed are none other than former NBA stars Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett. The trailer allows you to see them share their thoughts in-game as, well, commentators.
companion app launches on September 7th and the full console game will be released on September 19th. Once again, those who pre-order NBA 2K18
will be able to play the game four days early.
We've got the full list of NBA 2K18 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.