If you've been meaning to register for our Ultimate Head to Head Contest but haven't gotten around to signing up yet, this is a final reminder that the registration period ends tomorrow (September 14th) at 1pm BST
(12:00 midday UTC). Note:
If you have already registered, please make sure you have enough locked games and achievements to enter here
before the registration closes.
If this is the first time that you have heard about the contest or if you need a refresher on how the contest will work, here are the details:
- Each week, you are matched against another TA gamer with similar unfinished games to you.
- You are given a list of 20 achievements from those games that are locked for both of you.
- You have a week to unlock as many of the achievements from the list as you can.
- The person with the most unlocks from the list earns bonus points (in the group stage), or goes through to the next round (in the knock-out stage).
Changes for This Year's EventGroup Stage
The group stage consists of 4 rounds of match-ups. Unlocking an achievement from your list gives you one point.
You will not be eliminated if you lose any of these match-ups, but the winner of each match-up gets a bonus of ten points.Knock-Out Stage
The top 256 players based on points from the group stage then go on to the knock-out stage if they have valid game collections (see rules later in the post).
Each week of the knock-out stage, the loser from each match-up is eliminated until we finally crown a winner at the end of the Grand Final.
Entry Requirements, Valid Games and Achievements
In order for us to stand a good chance of matching you up with someone else with similar locked achievements, you need to have a minimum of 2,500 valid locked achievements
, across a minimum of 50 valid games
Games count as valid if they are:
- In your Game Collection with an ownership status of Owned or Games with Gold
- On the Xbox 360 or Xbox One
- From either games you've started or games you own in your game collection (you decide)
- Have a minimum of 1000 gamers that have started them
- Not completed by you (base game + title updates, available achievements only)
Achievements count as valid if they are:
- Not currently unlocked by you
- Not from DLC except for Title Updates
- Not unobtainable or discontinued (according to our flags)
You must also maintain at least 2,000 valid locked achievements across at least 50 valid games throughout the duration of the contest.
Qualification Requirements for the Knock-Out stage
To qualify for the knock-out stage, you can only have a maximum of 10% of your valid games set to something other than Owned or Games with Gold.
How to Register
If you do want to enter, you can check if you meet the registration requirements and create your registration here
Good luck to everyone who has decided to take part!