Milkstone Studios are adding a throwback mode to White Noise 2
as a nod to White Noise Online
, its predecessor. Coincidentally, we were just praising the original Xbox Live Indie Game in our roundup of The Best Xbox Live Indie Games
. The mode will be added in an update called "Merciless Fate."
Investigators will have a hard time without all the niceties of White Noise 2
, but don't worry: the creature is back to its old self, too. Read the full details of Classic Mode below, courtesy of Milkstone's Steam announcement
- Investigators: No compass, light sticks, batteries or consumable items.
- Investigators: Increased flashlight battery.
- Creature: No powers or compass. Teleport is still available.
- Creature: Power stat has effect over Speed, Perception and Idols
- Creature: Strength stat has effect over Light Resistance and Horror
- Some traits are disabled
- Only tapes, no special clues
- No Artifact, the game ends when the 8th tape is found.
- Investigators are devoured right away.
The reason we were discussing Xbox Live Indie Games in the first place was due to the impending shutdown
of the indie store. Perhaps this is Milkstone's answer to providing more longevity to the original game.
Players are already enjoying the mode on Steam, and it will be coming to Xbox One the week starting September 25th.