, the latest game from Castle Crashers
and BattleBlock Theater
developer The Behemoth, continues to be regularly updated as a game in the Game Preview program. Infinite Wisdom, the latest update, was recently released, therefore The Behemoth has released a full list of everything contained in this fifth update.
In amongst this update is a new mode, a retroactive rebalance of the entire game, language translations and much more. In addition, the story continues to be developed alongside these updates.
- All player characters receive a flat damage (in the cupcake’s case, healing) per level bonus. This change should feel more noticeable than before, and higher level player characters should feel more valuable than ever.
- All enemies have been counter-balanced to better compensate for leveling changes. Please leave us feedback regarding difficulty level!
- Permadeath is now an available option to players only when creating a new save. The choice will be irreversible for that save until that save is deleted. If any character (story character or not) on your team is killed beyond the first 3 intro levels, they are dead forever and cannot be brought back. Resurrection potions are disabled for permadeath players. Story cannot be continued if you have lost a required story character (unless you invite anyone who has that story character). The save is destroyed and immediately ends for any permadeath player that has no characters left in their house at all. If you run out and still have characters recruited below, those characters will be brought on to your active team and you may continue. Players who are non-permadeath will be allowed to play with players who are permadeath. Permadeath extends to all modes, including PVP and unfair challenge. You can spot permadeath players with the badge next to their name. Currently, permadeath does not grant bonus rewards nor does it have achievements associated. It is primarily designed for the desired pressure. Achievements are planned on being introduced later, reward boosts are not. Insane difficulty and standard difficulty are freely toggled just like always.
- Players can now play the introduction in online co-op. If one player has further progression in the introduction, the other player will join them at that spot.
- Streamer Options added. Stream-friendly music can be toggled in place of any music that may not be. Subtitle toggle option cloned into this section for convenience.
- PVP still normalizes levels after looking at each level of all fighters. The flat damage per level that is added will be applied to all characters fighting according to whatever level they’ve been normalized at. If you notice power shifts in your character from match to match, this is intended and directly due to temporary recruit level normalization. TL;DR: Sometimes everyone is level 9 if recruits average out to that, or sometimes everyone is level 74 if most recruits average out to that. That’s why you may notice your damage fluctuating between matches in PVP.
- PVP maximum turn timer has been reduced to 45 seconds.
- Increased bet time for spectator.
- How to Play section now accessible from Survival Guide
Balance changes to fighters and equipment
- Cyclops, health
- Hair Troll, defense, health, regen, crit chance
- Spidaur, health, defense, resistances
- Vampiress, health, damage, bonus damage, leech amount
- Gnome, health, resistances
- Cupcake, heal amount
- Kobold, damage, block chance
- Pixie, damage
- Zombie, damage
- Electrobot, chain-damage, stun chances
- Wraith, health, debuff numbers
- Mascot, resistances
- Rainbow Horse, damage
- Light Sword, damage
- Medium Sword, damage
- Heavy Sword, damage
- Mallet, damage
- Light bow, damage, accuracy
- Medium bow, damage, accuracy
- Mortar, damage, accuracy
- Throwing Axe, damage, stun chance, critical chance
- Totally Unsafe bow, damage
- NRG-M0, damage
- NRG-B0, damage, number of attacks
- Pineapple, Baby Shark, M80s, What Did You Say, damage, crit chance,
- Safety First Sword, damage, explosion chance
- Safety Last Sword, damage
- Sun Sword, damage
- Pirate’s Rapier, removed from market
- Helmetite Sword, tradeoff changed
- Birch Blade, tradeoff changed
- Dentures, tradeoff changed
- Chess Club, Max count brought down by 1
- Bright Ideas, elemental effect added
- Double Uzis, damage
- Crispotron 5000, damage, accuracy
- Baseball, item-specific stun chance removed
- All thrown items gain small stun chance
- Tesla Special, weight, explosion chance
- Golden Blast, no longer sharp projectile vs. Vampiress
- Post-game Screen added for any concluded Unfair or PVP battles.
- Obituary Screen for lost Permadeath fighters
- New fighter names added
- New unlocks (weapons, helmets, shields, creature stuff) added
- New encounter maps added for both PVP and worldmap. Some existing ones adjusted
- Audio added for Emissary when completing tasks.
- Turn-phase animation tweaked
- Added support for mouse interactions with survival guide
- Added support for using mouse click to activate ghost partner team in house
- Added support for using mouse click for sell, give/trade, and scroll items in house
- Fixed bugs with scrolling menus
- Improved recognizing Steam controller
- A few more button prompts were added in house
- Save Steamer-Friendly music setting.
- Discovered gold and bonus gold are shown separately when returning to city
- In some multi-part battles, stats for enemy fighters carry over to the last battle’s results
- Fixed some bugs related to tentacle animations in Chog battle
- Fixed bugs related to losing items when dying
- Fixed bugs when equipping items in the house
- Improved AI pathing toward multi-hex targetable units
- Save slots can be selected and deleted even if you can’t choose them to join the current game
- Client wagon stops when accepting a quest
- Fixed bugs related to trading fighters equipped with throwing axes
- Gifting a fighter from the spoils list gives 85 gold for equipment when recipient has max count
- Fixed various bugs related to trading
- When accepting a quest if one player makes a choice and the other waits for the timer to expire, the first player’s choice is used rather than auto-choosing “no”
- Fixed bug when displaying low healing numbers
- Added a filter to remove special characters from player names and chat messages
- Camera zoom isn’t overridden as often in battles
- Allow comm icons when playing with a ghost partner team
- Terrain resistances are considered when showing target icons in battle
- In trade-only mode, improved trading fighters with equipment at max count
- When giving or trading a fighter, player is told when some equipment cannot be given
- Show ghost partner team prompt when a single player is on the right side of the house
The Infinite Wisdom update for Pit People
is available now.