Virgo vs the Zodiac
reached its Xbox One funding goal on Fig
. The title, which developer Moonana describes on the game's official Twitter page
as an "astrological JRPG," may be little-known to console players at the moment, but it has garnered attention in the PC community, including a feature in PC Gamer for its "stunning sprites."
Visuals aside, Virgo
tells the tale of Virgo, the "cold, snobbish and often ruthless Holy Queen." Virgo is on a quest to bring back the Golden Age, a time period when all was right in her Astrological Realm, to constellations that have long fallen out of line. Joining Virgo in her journey is Gingerbread, her "deliciously trusty companion," who is, well, a gingerbread cookie. Along the way, players can expect to meet more zodiac-themed characters like Pisces and Capricorn.
An additional features list offers a look at what else Virgo
- Shield-based counter-attack system, in which all conflicts are lethal unless you protect yourself, countering foes in the process with a great variety of counter-attacks depending on the equipped Shield.
- Unforgiving combat with no random encounters; battles fought are plot-relevant and many heretics might even be spared if that is to your liking.
- Choices matter in both Story and character growth, offering a lot of Replayability through the Zodiac Qualities System.
- Fluid and impactful pixel art animations.
- Rewards through exploration: As you delve into the most heretical star clusters of the galaxy, you'll find a vast amount of explorable areas brimming with interactive objects. Many choices that will impact the game can be brought up through world interaction and exploration.
- Interact with different Zodiacs outside the main quest depending on your own stat choices.
- Non-self insert and overly villainous Main Character.
- Unlikely friends and foes such as Goats, Save Dinosaurs and a Cookie Companion.
Virgo vs the Zodiac
does not yet have a release date, but its campaign page estimates backer rewards will be delivered in Q4 2018.