Polish developer and digital publisher Teyon has announced its new label which has been put together to help indie developers release their titles to the world on major platforms in all regions including North America, Europe and Japan. The first title to launch from the label will be Cubers
, an arena brawler and twin stick slasher making its way to the Xbox One at some point next year. Tomasz Dziobek is the creator behind the title and has ten years experience in the gaming industry under his belt.
Players will take control of an unnamed character who has been sold into slavery by his own family. In order to be free again, he needs to defeat a master of gladiators. On the path to victory, you'll need to take on waves of enemies using a variety of weapons, armoury and skills. With friendly fire enabled for your opponents, this allows you to create some tactical situations as you will be able to make your enemies slaughter each other unintentionally. Four arenas await you, each with a unique theme, atmospheric effects and destructible environments. There will also be plenty of enemies and trap combinations as well as boss fights at the end of each arena.
Here's the list of key features:
- 25 types of enemies bringing various possible tactics and strategies.
- Dynamic environment at the arenas – over 10 various traps and obstacles which can interfere the game or help you fight enemies.
- Unlock new skills and develop your character.
- Over 100 items to buy in a game store including swords, shields and helmets.
- Defeat each of challenging bosses and compete with your friends or players around the world for a best high score in the leaderboards.
- Couch competitive multi-player mode – get this party started and play against your friend!
The new screens showcase the different arenas as well as the blood, gore and chaos that's taking place within each of the killing fields:
There's also some character art too of the bomb-looking characters you will be taking control of:
Lastly, we have a trailer showcasing what's to come from the twin-stick arena brawler as the characters do battle against endless waves of enemies:
is currently scheduled for a 2018 release.
We don't have them yet, but we'll publish a story as soon as we pick up the Cubers achievements.