It's been quite some time since we've held an official recruitment drive for the Game Information team on site, but we're back and looking for several enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers to join our ranks.
The Game Information Team is one of the core teams on the site and responsible for maintaining various pieces of game information, which is a pretty colossal task — but if this sounds like something you would be interested in, keep reading.
The team itself is split into four sub-teams; Game Info Team, Flagging Team, New Achievements Team, and Pre-Release Team — each covering different areas — including things like:
- Making sure game information is accurate and up to date
- Adding and editing achievement flags
- Updating game information based on community submissions
- Adding information to new games and DLC packs that scan to the site
- Maintaining Pre-Release pages for games that have yet to release
- ... and much more!
The work we do is very important for the site and while there's a lot of it, it can also be very satisfying. If this interests you then please send an application with answers to the questions below over to either myself (BulletLukey)
or Shadow Kisuragi
Here are the application questions:
1) What's your name (or Gamertag if you'd prefer), how old are you, and where are you from?The deadline for applications is the 11:59pm, 23rd October 2017 UTC
2) Is English your first language? Do you read or speak any others?
3) Are you a student, working professional, unemployed, etc?
4) What kind of games do you enjoy? What are your interests outside of gaming and TrueAchievements?
5) How much time do you have available a week?
6) With respect to the above, how much would you be willing to give the GI team? One or two hours a day? 10 hours a week?
7) What interests you about the Game Information team? Is there a certain sub-team you have more interest in?
8) Have you been on TA/TT/TSA site staff before? If so, please tell us a little bit about your experience.
9) Have you worked as part of a team before? What does it mean to you to be part of a team?
10) Have you ever "Peer Reviewed" work before? What do you understand by this term?
11) Why should we pick you for the team? Do you have any strengths or weaknesses?
. After this, we'll be reviewing your answers to see if we think you would be a good fit, and we'll let you know if you've been successful or unsuccessful shortly after this.
While this position is on a voluntary basis, successful applicants will also receive free TA Pro Subscription
and a fancy staff badge for their profile page.
Good luck! BulletLukey
& Shadow Kisuragi
Game Information Management