Microsoft released details of the eagerly anticipated fall update that comes with a lot of new tweaks and customization features.
- You can now add all kinds of blocks to the home page.
- Coming with this feature is the capability of adding 40 pins — yes, 40!
- New things to discover (friends activities leaderboards, etc.) will come at the top of the Home page and Xbox Live page.
- Dark, light, and high contrast options are also available.
- A faster, more easily manipulated guide is now available.
- The guide allows you to switch between tabs using the left or right bumpers or the left stick.
- If you are in a party, the guide will open up to the party tab.
- When playing a game, you’ll have the option of seeing who in your friends list is also playing that game.
- Game invites will show up in the multiplayer tab and there is also a new tournament section.
While You Were Away...
- There are new low visibility settings.
- If you are away for a while, your Xbox will dim but notifications will still show and time-sensitive information will be visible from far away.
- There is a newly designed Game Hub Welcome tab.
- Accessing recent activity is now much faster than before.
- The community hub is also much more immersing and easier to use.
Preparing For Xbox One X!
- For those purchasing the Xbox One X on November 7th (and beyond), the move from Xbox One to X is fairly simple.
- If you have external hard drives currently in use, you can just unplug them from the Xbox One and use them on the X.
- You can also prepare your Xbox One games on your external drive for when the X launches so the 4K content can be utilized immediately.
- If you have two or more consoles, you can now copy them between consoles connected to the same network and bulk transfer is now available, so you can move more than one game at a time.
- You can also now filter between Xbox One games, Xbox 360/Xbox games, and Xbox One X Enhanced games.
Instructions on how to prepare for the Xbox One X updates can be found here
But wait, there’s more
- The Mixer tab will now display previews of popular feeds.
- If your internet bandwidth supports 1080p, your Xbox will automatically be switched to that setting.
- The Broadcast and Capture tab now works better with Mixer. You can also use a USB camera with Mixer.
- The Game/DVR now works with 4K content, and you can save it on an external hard drive
Some Other Features...
- There is also an Xbox Assist App for help.
- A couple of new right-to-left languages are also available.
- There is also a Microsoft Logo on the dashboard providing a simpler way to buy games and content.
Full details can be read here
. The Fall Update is now available.