The free-to-play strategic hero shooter title Gigantic
has just received a whole new bundle of content, which also includes the first new map for the game. "Season of Souls" introduces a new hero into the fray, along with the new map, skins, player icons and several other game improvements.
The new hero, Ezren Ghal, is described as a nefarious necromancer who has the ability to twist the very being of his foes by draining souls in combat. Those souls can be traded for necromantic powers and abilities that can be used as devasting attacks on enemies.
The new map, Ember Grove, is a dense and mysterious battleground bringing a degree of verticality to combat as well as small nooks and crannies, which can be used to sneakily outmanoeuvre other players.
Included in the update are a number of improvements to the game:
- Player Icons – All players now have the ability to choose their account icons and show their own unique style. Additionally, Founders can now show their status as early supporters of the game with exclusive icons.
- Hero Confirm Text Chat – By community request, chat has been extended to the hero confirmation phase, allowing teams to strategize their hero composition before locking it in.
- Ezren Ghal Skins – Several customization options for the new hero are now available in the shop, including the Opulent Robes skin, color variants and Eternal skins for players looking to show off their mastery of the wretched reaper.
- Other Features – Improved bot matches, shop UI updates and new Hero interactions in battle.
Finally, just in time for Halloween, there is a new spooky skin bundle available, simply entitled the Grim Repertoire!Gigantic
is free to play on the Xbox One and Windows 10 and the new content drop is available now.
We've got the full list of Gigantic achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.