We've known about Warframe
's upcoming expansion "Plains Of Eidolon
" for a few months now. Sadly, those still exploring Digital Extremes' free-to-play third-person shooter have had to watch PC players enjoy the new open world while waiting very patiently for the content to come to the Xbox One version of the game. The expansion has unsurprisingly been a massive success since being released on the PC and saw the game "nearly double its player numbers" after its release. Now, the expansion has received a release date on console and there's not long to wait at all.
Rather than the usual exploration of the procedurally generated tilesets, Tenno will see "exquisitely lit vistas" that will go through an ongoing day/night cycle. While the sun is out, players can find missions from different vendors in the colony of Cetus. Up to 50 other players will be around to socialise with as they also find and attempt missions.
Head out of town by yourself or in a squad of up to four players and explore the Plains. Hillsides, lakes, rivers, hidden cave systems and mini-games are just a few of the things waiting for you in this open world. Players will also be able to engage in land and air battles thanks to the reworked Sky Archwing.
During the daytime, players of any experience can travel relatively safely without much trouble. However, once night falls, your usual enemies will hide as the towering Sentients come out to play and haunt the Plains. The towering Spectral Sentient, also known as Teralyst Eidolon, is summoned by a mysterious force and emerges from the waters threatening anyone or anything foolish enough to be in its path.
Here's a list of key features for the upcoming expansion:
- Debut of the Deadly Warrior: Witness the introduction of the 34th Warframe, Gara, who manipulates glass to fracture the resolve of her enemies.
- New Weapons and Reinforcements: Gara wields a new arsenal of powerful weapons, including: Astilla that shoots slugs that explode on impact; Volnus, which deals a large amount of damage and can beat enemies to a pulp; and Fusilai, stealthy glass shurikens pierce through flesh and armor. Reinforcements include Argonak, the Grineer rifle uses an advanced laser sighting system and is deadly in both single fire and automatic modes; Krohkur, a hooked blade that reward critical hits to those skilled enough to strike with finesse, and the Dual Krohkur, which doubles the battlefield butchery.
- : Indulge your Fashion Frame sensibilities with the Virago Helmet and Gara’s new signature Hyalus Syandana.
- Focus 2.0: Experience the reintroduction of the Operator-Warrior Focus Rework 2.0. This new system changes the Skill Tree to be more combat-focused, enabling you to equip your Operator with distinct Weapons and Armor found deep in the Caves of the Plains.
- And More! Misc updates include the Mag Deluxe Skin, Deluxe Tonfa, and Deluxe Syandana, resource, decoration and weapon collecting and ’Stone Fish’ collecting, and more Mods and Stances.
The "Plains Of Eidolon" update in Warframe
will be available for free on November 14th.
We've got the full list of Warframe achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.This game was featured in our The Best Xbox MMOs Available in 2018 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?