A couple of weeks ago, Xbox Game Gifting rolled out to all of the console owners in the Xbox Insider Preview program. Today, the feature has rolled out to everybody who isn't in the program too, meaning that anybody can send friends and family digital gifts instead of buying gift cards instead.
Those who are in the Alpha, Beta, Delta and Omega Insider rings will also be making use of another update that started rolling out over the weekend. Some of the new features that have been included are miniature Game Hubs and the ability to hide games for which you haven't unlocked any achievements
. You can find more details here
. There is also a bunch of bug fixes and you can find the patch notes below.
My Games and Apps
- Fixed an issue that caused game updates to trigger a complete title re-installation.
- Fixed an issue which caused some game saves bot to complete after playing offline.
- Fixed an issue which caused certain game updates not to show in the collection if stored on the external HDD.
- Fixed some graphical artifacts, textures, occlusion and compression for certain titles at the platform level.
- Implemented updates to the 4k video pipeline for Netflix and key partners to support 4k VP9 video playback.
- Fixed an issue in which notifications for messaging/parties and sometimes achievements were not popping/displaying.
- Fixed the reliability of Network Transfer between consoles on your network. This resolves cases in which the source console could not be found or installs started and then failed.
- Fixed an issue in the HDD profile backup feature that would fail when loading the user’s Gamerpic.
- Various localization fixes to the shell UI and the accessories app.
- Fixed an issue in which Videos within the activity feed pages would often appear with black video playback.
- Fixed issues with crackling audio for some users in Party Chat
- Left and right navigation is reversed during Tournament creation and in the twist when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
Avatars on Home
- Users wishing to represent themselves as an Avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
- Narrator can now be cancelled when reading large amounts of text.
The patch is available now to select Insiders. There's no indication of when it will be released to everybody.