Wales Interactive is becoming know for publishing FMV (full motion video) games on consoles following the release of The Bunker
and Late Shift
in the past 18-months. Today they have announced that they are partnering with D'Avekki Studios to bring us another one, with the previously PC exclusive Lovecraftian FMV murder mystery game The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
set to release on the Xbox One next Spring.
In the game, you'll play as a psychiatrist who is trying to solve the murder of the recently deceased Doctor Dekker. To do this, you'll have to question and collect evidence from a group of his ex-patients that inhabit a "shadow reality" to uncover the randomly generated murderer, whilst also attempting to fix the chaos that is left behind.
The console release of The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
has been optimised for use without a keyboard, although players can still choose to type questions, phrases or keywords, with a new suggested question system included, along with visual and navigational UI enhancements.
- FMV - 1600+ full screen HD video responses.
- RANDOM MURDERER - Chosen at the start of the game to combat spoilers.
- FREE TEXT INPUT - Ask whatever you want, type questions, phrases or just keywords.
- SUGGESTED QUESTIONS – A new question system optimised for console.
- MULTIPLE ENDINGS - Find out whodunit, and what happens to you and your patients...
- MULTIPLE STORIES - 6 main suspects and 5 side-quests inc. John Guilor (Contradiction)
- SIMPLE UI - View evidence, make notes, watch replays, and see your question history.
We couldn’t be happier to bring D’Avekki’s sinister murder mystery to PS4, Xbox One and Switch. Our previous interactive movie titles, Late Shift and The Bunker, have been really well received and our growing community of FMV fans have expressed an appetite for us to publish more of these titles. TIMODD is another great example of a modern FMV game and we’re delighted to collaborate with D’Avekki Studios to bring this title to a wider audience.The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
is set to release on the Xbox One in Spring 2018.
We've got the full list of The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.