The Steam version of Mothership Entertainment's Aven Colony
has received an update in the form of the game's second content drop. The free Expedition update is jam-packed with new content. Even though it's not available just yet for consoles, we can still take a look at what Steam users will be getting their hands on for now:
- 4 brand new remote installations to extend your colony out onto the surrounding planet: Remote Settlements, Missile Launchers, Deep Core Mines, and Solar Arrays
- The Colony Terminal, a new morphing skyscraper that allows you to house colonists and comes with a hovercar transportation terminal built into the top floors!
- A new Ark Launcher that allows you to send Ark vessels out onto the overworld map to build autonomous installations outside your colony
- A new Transceiver allows your colony to collect solar power beamed back from solar arrays outside your colony
- Fend off attackers from the Cult of the Seterdari, who will now attack your colony with their ramshackle airships
- Incoming threats such as creep spores, plague spores, hovering guardians, and cultist airships will now appear on the expedition map and approach your colony before they strike
- A new tier-2 Expedition Center supports an upgraded combat ship, which can fire missiles in a limited radius at all such incoming threats
- A new water system dramatically enhances the look of all the oceans, rivers, and lakes in the game
- A new Satellite Camera mode gives you a zoomed-out view of your entire colony from above
- An updated camera system allows you to smoothly transition between normal camera, zoomed-in surveillance camera mode, satellite camera mode, and the overworld map using the mouse wheel or key shortcuts
A trailer has also been put together for the update showcasing the new and free content:
Content update #2 will be "coming soon" in 2018 to the console versions of Aven Colony
We've got the full list of Aven Colony achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.This game was featured in our Best Xbox Simulation Games Available in 2018 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?