The next Gears of War 4
update is arriving very... oh wait, it has arrived! It's here and it's preparing for ranked season 3. There's also a new Gear Pack detailed, plus balancing, a new mode, new warmup modes and some ranked modes going away.
As per Season 3 mentioned above:
- The diamond tier will now be split into five tiers of skill, with the top tier being the Diamond Master
- The competitive warmups will now include Team Deathmatch,
- Guardian and Execution as well as the current modes King of the Hill and Dodgeball
- Warzone and Arms race will be removed from the ranked playlists
- The core playlists for Arms Race and Warzone will offer Double XP until the new season arrives
With the season 3 inbound January 18th, the heavy class was "buffed", specifically the Berserker and Last Stand skill cards. Berserker will deal more damage as the player damage gets lower, and Last Stand will make the player take less damage as their health gets lower — the Last Stand card will make the player take 10% less damage per card level than before. This happens on either card "while carrying a launcher or a heavy weapon":
While carrying a launcher or heavy weapon you deal more damage as your health gets lower
- Berserker now applies to holding Launchers (Boomshot, Dropshot etc) as well as Heavy Weapons
While carrying a launcher or heavy weapon you take less damage as your health gets lower
- Last Stand now applies to holding Launchers as well as Heavy Weapons
- Last Stand Level 1 from 25% ->35% Damage reduction
- Last Stand Level 2 from 35% ->45% Damage reduction
- Last Stand Level 3 from 45% ->55% Damage reduction
- Last Stand Level 4 from 55% ->65% Damage reduction
- Last Stand Level 5 from 65% ->75% Damage reduction
- Last Stand Level 6 from 75% ->85% Damage reduction
The latest Gear Packs will bring the Heavy Scion character and weapon skins to the game.
The team also took some time to mention what's coming in 2018:
- New Gear Packs containing characters and weapon skins to add to your collection
- Monthly Versus and Horde events with exclusive challenge-based rewards
- Major Seasonal events
- Ranked Seasons with skill placement rewards
- Gears of War Esports Season 2
And most importantly:
Also announced was that on January 19th, the One Shot One Kill mode will return with melee being disabled for the first time in the game.
The January patch for Gears of War 4
is available today, with Season 3 starting January 18th and the One Shot One Kill mode starting on January 19th.
We've got the full list of Gears of War 4 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.This game was featured in our The Best Xbox Third Person Shooters Available in 2018 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?