A couple of new updates have made their way to Xbox One Alpha Insiders with one releasing yesterday and another one today. Yesterday saw the release of the 1802.180119-1917 update which included the 'Xbox Game Pass' tab being usable in 'My Games & apps', as well as changes to achievements in the 'Next Achievements' section. There's also a range of fixes and a list of known issues to look at too:
As for today's update (1802.180121-1921), this one addresses and adds the Game Pass in Collection option from yesterday's patch notes as well as fixes an issue with Kinect setup and Network Transfer. There's also a new known issue added to the list:
New Features:My Games and Apps Collection – Game PassAchievements
- With the build today we’ve added the ability to hide/unhide a specific achievement or entire game from the Next Achievements section.
Installation and Achievements
- Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect profile color to display after powering on the console.
- Resolved an issue that sometimes caused the console to get stuck at a loading screen (with a loading spinner only) when downloading a system update.
- Resolved an issue that sometimes caused party chat to crash in the Guide.
System Setup – Kinect
- You may be unable to add/remove/edit content blocks by pressing Y.
- When setting up a Kinect during the initial console set-up experience, the setup fails when tuning audio.
- The network transfer fails when initiated from a console on 1802 (this update). Workaround: You can perform a network transfer using an 1802 console as the source and initiating the network transfer from a 1711 console on the same network.
- You may notice strange characters which replace normal translated text on the dashboard, Guide, and other areas. Please use Report a problem when you encounter these issues.
- Games that are installed fail to launch. Workaround: If the games are installed to an external drive please copy the game to the internal drive or attempt to delete the title and redownload to fix the launch error.
- We are investigating the inaccurate RGB colors that have been reported when displaying in 4K HDR mode when playing a UHD disc.
Avatars on Home
- The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew
- Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
The most recent updates for Alpha Insiders are available to play around with right now.
New Features:My Games and Apps Collection – Game Pass (No, we really mean this today! We experienced an error that resulted in it not appearing yesterday.)
- We have enabled a new feature to show an “Xbox Game Pass” tab within “My games & apps” for users on Preview Alpha with an active Game Pass subscription. If someone has an active Game Pass subscription, they will see this tab appear in “My games & apps” and will be able to quickly install available games from Game Pass. It works just like “Ready to install” but for Game Pass. For users in Preview Alpha who do not have Game Pass, they will see the updated left navigation—section dividers added and Memberships tab has moved.
Fixes:System Setup – Kinect
- When configuring a Kinect during the initial console set-up experience, the process no longer fails when attempting to tune audio.
- The network transfer no longer fails when initiated from a console on 1802 (this update).
- Some users are seeing a new issue that can cause the incorrect Profile color to display after powering on the console.
We've got the full list of Xbox One achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.