Bungie has invited players to make a date with Destiny 2
for the Valentine-themed Crimson Days event centred around a 2v2 Crucible playlist, which rewards close teamwork with special buffs.
While the Crimson Days event has a PvP focus, players can gain event rewards in all activities via Crimson Engrams, which will drop when levelling up in addition to the usual Bright Engram. Crimson Engrams can be earned through gameplay by any Guardians who have reached their level cap (level 20 for base game only or level 25 for Destiny 2
expansion owners), with rewards pulled from a "knock-out" list to prevent duplication until all new gear has been earned. Rewards available from Crimson Engrams include ornaments, ghosts, emotes, sparrows and shaders. A selection of Crimson Engram contents will be available for purchase from Tess, and any items purchased with Bright Dust will count towards the same "knock-out" list as drops from Engrams.
The Burnout Crucible Map Crimson Doubles Tirastrella Ghost Shell Dieselpunk Exotic Ornament Undeterred Exotic Sparrow
A selection of Crimson Days rewards will be given for completing specific Destiny 2
activities during the event:
- Tirastrella Ghost Shell - complete the "Welcome to Crimson Days" milestone
- Fire of the Crimson Days Emblem - complete the "Welcome to Crimson Days" milestone
- Dieselpunk Exotic Ornament for Wardcliff Coil - available from the final chest on the Leviathan Raid or Raid Lair: Eater of Worlds
- Undeterred Exotic Sparrow - possible reward for completing matches in the Crimson Days Crucible playlist
- Flaunting Dance Emote - complete the Nightfall Strike during the Crimson Days event
The Crimson Doubles 2v2 Crucible playlist will feature the Clash game type with a round-based twist. Player abilities will recharge faster when close to their partner, but those who get too far apart will be punished by having their location marked with a waypoint for their enemies. Matchmaking will be available for anyone who doesn't already have a partner to play with. The event will also debut a new Crucible map called The Burnout, based on the Destiny
Burning Shrine Crucible map in a future timeline where our reality has been altered by the Vex.
The Crimson Days event for Destiny 2
will run for one week from February 13th.
We've got the full list of Destiny 2 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our Best Xbox First Person Shooters Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.