As we all knew, the March update for Gears of War 4
was set to bring along 11 new achievements
when it was released this week, but what else would it be changing? Well, The Coalition has now released the patch notes for the update that is available to all players right now.
Firstly, core players will no longer be able to choose the Hammerburst in their loadout. Instead, the Hammerburst is now a secondary pickup weapon on several maps. These are the maps that will now have Hammerburst pickups, as well as the weapons with which they rotate per round. Note that the weapon also appears on Clocktower and has replaced the Smoke Grenade spawn at the top of the map for both rounds.
|Map||First Round||Second Round|
Secondly, there will be the regular monthly special events. Friday, March 9th is the start of the Luck of the Draw event to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. This is a variant of Arms Race where players will be able to earn a St Patrick's themed weapon skin set. More details on this event will be revealed tomorrow. Then, on March 16th, there will be an unspecified Horde event that will offer up more Midnight Omen skins. From March 29th until April 5th, there will be a Snipers Only Guardian Bunny Hunt event to celebrate Easter, followed by the return of Juvie Madness at the start of April.
Finally, there were a few other bug fixes that made it into the patch:
- Removed the Hammerburst from the Starting Loadout options in Core
- Added the Hammerburst as a pickup on a number of maps in Core (listed above).
- When using the Heavy Scion, their armor is now more visible to the player.
- Boltoks can now be picked up more reliably on Harbor
- In the Customization screen, the Hanover Cougars Dropshot is now correctly centered
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements
The Coalition promises that they're also working on the Visual and Audio settings reset bug and is hoping to get this fixed as soon as they can in a future title update. Meanwhile, all of the changes listed above are available to players right now.
We've got the full list of Gears of War 4 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.This game was featured in our Best Xbox Third Person Shooters Available in 2018 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?