Following on from our how to "fix" your Gamerscore site help story, another question commonly seen on our social accounts comes from people who want to find the quickest and easiest game completions. Thankfully, we have a couple of ways to help you find those games, along with other site features such as price tracking for our more frugal site members.
Please note: Using the methods below to filter and sort games by completion percentage, ratio or completion time estimates will give you a good indication of the speed and/or difficulty required to complete most games; however, it doesn't take into account player skill, unobtainable/discontinued achievements, game updates that might have been implemented to change achievement requirements, or microtransactions that can speed up or make games easier.
Before purchasing a game based on these stats, check out the game's solutions, forums and the walkthrough (if there is one) to check for any potential issues.
How to Filter the Games List to Find Quick and Easy Game Completions
The new page lists every game and app on TA listed in alphabetical order. At the top of the page, you have access to a range of filters that you can use to find specific games.
- Click the Games link in the Games section of the Main Menu
Below are the filters I normally use:
- Search: Starting typing the name of the game or app and the table will update in real time with any matches
- Platform: Choose from all or a combination of platforms
- Played status: All, Games I've played or Games I've not played
- Genre: Choose from all or a combination of genres
- Release status: Released only, Unreleased only, Listed only or Delisted only
- Kinect support: Any, Kinect enabled or Kinect required
- Just these genres: Select to narrow the list down to only include games that have all of the selected genres applied to them
- Title type: All, Games only, Apps only, Unflagged games only
- Other filters: 4K, Backwards Compatible, Game Preview Program, HDR, ID@Xbox, Windows Mixed Reality, Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live Arcade, Xbox One X Enhanced and Xbox Play Anywhere
Once you've applied all of the filters you require, the page will automatically update to include any matching games in the table below. You can then click the heading for each column to sort the list of games.
Clicking the COMP TIME header once will sort the list by user submitted completion time estimates to give you a good indication of the quickest game completions.
You can submit your own completion time estimates by selecting the Completion Times link in the Gaming section of the Gamer Menu.Clicking the COMP % header once will sort the list highest to lowest to give you a good indication of the easiest game completions.
You can also use the Score and TA Ratio headings to help find quick and easy completions (the lower the score or ratio, the easier and quicker a game is likely to be). You will need to check each game page individually and look at other stats in the table, as it won't indicate that some of the game's achievements might not yet have been unlocked by a site member, resulting in 1.00 ratios.
Find Easy Game Completions Using our New Monthly Roundup StoryOur Editorial Manager, Mark, introduced a new feature where he recaps all of the previous month's easiest achievement lists in a handy list that's easy to digest. Each month he'll give you a brief description of each game, an overview of the achievements, completion estimates and pricing info.
You can check out the lists for January and February here.
After feedback in January's recap story, we've now added a way for you to track the prices for all the games mentioned in each story. Simply head to the bottom of the page and click the blue Track prices for the games in this article button.
Once clicked, the button will update to say Price tracking successful.
Price TrackingYou can view all of the games for which you are tracking prices on the Latest Content page.
- Click the Latest Products link in the News section of the Main Menu
- Click the View and Filter button
- Tick Price tracked only
You can adjust each individual game's target price or tick Any Sale? by clicking through to each of the game's product pages.
If you have a suggestion for any site features that you'd like us to cover in our new weekly site help stories, please let us know by posting in the comments below.