players on Xbox One, Windows 10 and Android should all now have the option to try out a beta for the latest game update. The Bedrock Update Aquatic beta adds new features, the highlights being swimming animations, stripped logs, tridents, stairs and slabs in Prismarine, and a new hostile mob. There are also a bunch of bug fixes.
If you feel like joining the beta, there are instructions on how to access it from your chosen platform here
. This is the list of bug fixes and new features you'll see right now — more features will be coming in further betas.
A handful of features from Update Aquatic have been added to the beta via Experimental Gameplay. These features are incomplete and are not representative of final gameplay but feedback is absolutely welcome!
- Added Drowned mobs
- Added the Trident and new enchantments (Channeling, Loyalty, Riptide and Impaling)
- Added Stripped Wood
- Added Slabs and Stairs for Prismarine, Prismarine Brick, and Dark Prismarine
- Iron Golems no longer spawn when Mob Spawning is disabled
- Rain, smoke particles, and shadows are no longer visible through lava
- Disabling "Visible to LAN Players" for one world no longer disables it for all worlds
- Buttons cloned in a "pressed" state no longer remain pressed forever
- A warning now appears instructing not to close the game when exporting a world
- The power output of Redstone Comparators is no longer lost after a world is converted from Xbox One Edition
- Pick Block no longer replaces the item currently selected in the hotbar if other slots are empty
Fixes for bugs introduced during Beta:
- Increased stability and fixed several crashes
- Abandoned mineshafts no longer generate above ground
- Fixed improper Mushroom Block obtained from giant red mushrooms when using Pick Block
- Tools now work properly and no longer shake in-hand
- Sticky Pistons no longer turn into regular Pistons after being renamed
- Tripwire Hooks once again appear in Jungle Temples
- Players can once again stand on top of ladders
- Mob heads can no longer be duplicated by placing them in water
- Strongholds once again generate with Mossy Stone Brick and Cracked Stone Brick
- The maximum render distance on Xbox One X is once again 22 chunks
- More than one line of text can once again be placed on signs
- The B button no longer has to be pressed twice on the controller to deselect a skin in the Skin Picker
Mojang has warned players to make sure that they back up their worlds before using them in the Bedrock Update Aquatic beta, because there's always the risk that something unexpected could happen and it might not be reversible. Once the beta is downloaded, selecting the "Use Experimental Gameplay" option in Game Settings will create a new version of your world with an EX prefix, so players can go back to an older version of their world if something undesired happens.
Those who join the beta won't be able to access Minecraft Realms
, nor will they be able to enter the games of players who aren't on the beta. However, achievements can still be earned while in the beta.