It's been quite some time since the moderators' last recruitment drive, so it pleases me to inform you that we are now accepting applications for several enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers to join the team.
The TA Moderation Team is responsible for the smooth running of the forum, friend feed, blogs, comments, feedback and the chat room. They have the ability to edit or delete any user content that breaks site rules, and apply restrictions to accounts if necessary. They also deal with the contact us queries, reported posts and reported private messages.
If you're interested in joining the Moderation team, please send an application with answers to the questions below to Clever Jake
via a private message
GeneralThe deadline for applications is the 11:59PM BST on Thursday, April 5th
- What time zone are you in?
- How many hours per day would you be able to moderate the site, and which hours are these likely to be?
- How old are you?
- Why do you want to be a moderator on TA?
- What would you say you have contributed (if anything) to TA so far?
- Have you had any involvement with the moderation team in the past?
- Do you have any experience moderating?
- Describe how you would handle a situation where a personal friend/gaming buddy of yours is clearly breaking the rules and you're the only moderator around at the time?
- You are involved in a discussion that has descended into a bitter argument and insults are starting to fly. What do you post next?
- A user has just posted a blog with multiple callouts. This is the first time they've done this. What action would you recommend?
- A user is upset that they have received a negative vote from a boosting session and wants it removed. How would you proceed?
- The user 'Clever Pete' has Private Messaged you because they're unhappy that they've been set to GamerScore Only tracking. What would your reply be?
- How does the TA ratio work?
- Why could a user's completion percentage differ if they logged off TA and checked their stats?
- How do you cancel a gaming session?
- There's a little red circle next to my name that says something about privacy settings. What does it mean?
- A user has lost their achievement streak but claims to have not missed a day. Give two potential reasons for this.
Whilst this position is on a voluntary basis, successful applicants will also receive a free TA Pro Subscription
and a fancy staff badge for their profile page.