Deviljho has arrived in Monster Hunter: World
, and, if the screenshots are anything to go by, it's pretty scary. The new monster went live thanks to yesterday's patch, which also adjusted World
's overall weapon balance and added a few quality of life features.
According to Capcom, "no one is safe from the deadly jaws of the Deviljho; not even other monsters." In every screenshot of the latest baddie, the creature towers over other monsters, so make sure your character is in tip-top shape before planning a rendezvous with Deviljho.
Last week, Capcom also gave a general overview
of the weapon balance changes players could expect in the same patch as Deviljho. Now that the patch is live, the developer has released the detailed list of changes:
- Charged Slash II — Damage increased.
- Charged Slash III — Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash II — Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash III — Damage increased.
Sword & Shield
- Foresight Slash — Time window to successfully trigger increased.
- Foresight Slash — Hitbox to successfully trigger increased.
- Foresight Slash — Damage hitbox increased.
- Foresight Slash — Increased the angle that the player can control the direction of the attack.
- Spirit Helm Breaker — (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
- Roundslash — Damage increased.
- Wedge beetles can now be used when using the slinger with your weapon drawn.
- Demon Gauge — Can now be increased by Demon Mode roundslashes and Demon Flurry Rush.
- Demon Mode — Fixed a bug where you could not cancel Demon Mode when transitioning from a Demon Dodge.
- Charge Tier 2 — Charged Upswing stun values increased.
- Charge Tier 2 — Charged Brutal Upswing stun values increased.
- Charge Tier 3 — Charged Big Bang stun values increased.
- The Encore effect for the Self-Improvement melody now also increases your attack power (the effect is now "Attack Up + Deflected Attack Prevention").
- Counter-thrust — Temporary knockback negation during a successful counter-thrust.
- Shelling — Damage parameters increased when sharpness is yellow or worse.
- Sharpness loss alleviated for all Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern's Fire attacks.
- Wyrmstake Cannon — Damage increased.
- Wyvern's Fire — Damage increased.
- Zero Sum Discharge — Level 4 Earplugs effect during use.
- It is now possible to chain the beginning of Sword: Jumping Element Discharge into Zero Sum Discharge.
- Zero Sum Discharge Finisher — Damaged increased.
- Mounted Discharge Finisher — No longer causes sharpness loss.
- Zero Sum Discharge — (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
- Impact Phials — Attack power bonuses from effects other than that of the Artillery skill (for the explosions) were decreased.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Stun values decreased for Impact Phials.
- Phial stun values increased for all attacks other than Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge.
- Elemental values increased for Power Element Phials.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Power Element Phial explosions spaced closer together to make them easier to hit.
- Improved the effect of the attack power increase for red/white and red/white/orange extract hybrid effects.
- Extract effect times increased overall.
- Extract effect times no longer decrease while mounting a monster.
Light Bowgun and Heavy Bowgun
- Dashing Shot — Fixed a bug where the Spread/Power Shots skill effect was applied twice.
- Dragon Piercer — Fixed a bug where you could shoot past the attack's angle limitations. Now shoots straight ahead of the player, regardless of the camera angle, when shot with the camera angle past the attack's angle limitations.
- No adjustments were made.
You'll also notice a few new features, many targeted at navigating the online, and a reduction in load times:
- Optimized data processing to reduce loading times.
- Added the feature "Kick from Online Session" to the player list.
- Added "Return to Gathering Hub" (single player) and "Disband & Return to Gathering Hub" (multiplayer) to the options for "Select Return Destination" after a quest.
- Added the "Text Size" setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
- In the "Online Session" menu, the name for the menu command "Squad Session Search" was changed to "Create/Search for a Squad Session" (the functionality is unchanged).
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Slightly reduced the amount that the Scoutfly Level (which is tied to monster research levels) gauge decreases after each quest.
- Added the game version number to the game's title screen (for this update—PS4: 2.00; Xbox One: 184.108.40.206).
Deviljho and the rest of the patch are live now in Monster Hunter: World
We've got the full list of Monster Hunter: World achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our The Best Xbox RPGs Available in 2017 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.