The Elder Scrolls
players last visited the Isle of Summerset back in 1994's The Elder Scrolls: Arena
, but that will soon be changing. In the next expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online
, the appropriately titled "Summerset" will return to the home of the High Elves. Accompanying the new zone will be the story conclusion to the Daedric drama, a new Order, a new skill line, jewellery crafting and more group PvE challenges, and it will all be arriving in June.
Queen Ayrenn has opened the borders of Summerset Isle so that it's accessible for foreigners, but the land is threatened by the Daedra. It is up to players to travel to the area, gather their friends together and take down the conspiracy that threatens Summerset Isle. The expansion will include a number of new features and challenges:
- A New Zone: Summerset Isle, a uniquely beautiful land that’s an even larger addition than last year’s massive Vvardenfell from ESO: Morrowind
- An Epic Main Story: More of ESO’s award-winning story concludes the Daedric drama that began in 2015’ Orsinium DLC
- The Psijic Order: For the first time in an Elder Scrolls game, join the mysterious Psijic Order and explore their secretive home city of Artaeum
- New Skill Line: Master the magic of the mages of the Psijic Order to gain a new combat skill line and wield control over time itself
- Jewelry Crafting: ESO’s latest crafting skill allows players to create powerful gear for their characters
- New Group PvE Challenges: Players can band together to face the challenges of Cloudrest, a new 12-player Trial, new Delves and Bosses, and other content including the Abyssal Geysers
The new content will be accessible by both new and experienced players because of the Chapter structure and level-scaling. New players won't have to complete any of the game's previous content thanks to a new tutorial and starter area. Meanwhile, experienced players can take their current characters into the new zone, or they can start again with a fresh character.
As usual, the new expansion brings along a host of pre-order bonuses and special editions. First we have the pre-orders. New players who pre-order "Summerset" will gain immediate access to the base game in preparation for the expansion's launch. For a limited amount of time, digital pre-orders also get access to the "Morrowind" expansion. Finally, all pre-orders will get the bonus Nightmare Senche Mount and "Queen's Bounty Pack". The Bounty Pack includes:
- Court of Bedlam Costume: An exclusive costume with a sinister style, available to all classes.
- Pocket Salamander Pet: Express your inner newt with this non-combat in-game pet.
- Treasure Maps: These three ancient maps lead to caches of loot: gear, gold, and other forgotten riches.
- Psijic Vault Crown Crate: Open for a chance at Psijic-themed mounts, pets, costumes, and more.
- Experience Scrolls: Receive a 50% experience boost for two hours with these two Experience Scrolls.
Finally, there will be six ways of getting access to the "Summerset" expansion. For more details on each of the following editions, head over to the official website
The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset
- Standard Edition - includes the base game and the new "Summerset" expansion.
- Digital Upgrade - includes the new "Summerset" expansion.
- Digital Collector's Edition - includes the base game, the new "Summerset" expansion, and the following in-game items: Bloodshadow Wraith Steed Mount, Divine Prosecution Outfit Style, Fledging Gryphon Pet, Psijic Scrying Talisman and House of Reveries Emote Pack.
- Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade - includes the new "Summerset" expansion and the following in-game items: Bloodshadow Wraith Steed Mount, Divine Prosecution Outfit Style, Fledging Gryphon Pet, Psijic Scrying Talisman and House of Reveries Emote Pack.
- Physical Collector's Edition - Contains all of the content from the Digital Collector's Edition, as well as the following physical items: Mephala Statue, Razum-dar's Journal, Map of Summerset and Exclusive Steelbook Case.
- Elder Scrolls Online Collection - includes the base game, the Gold Edition DLC packs, and the "Morrowind" and "Summerset" expansions.
will be released on June 5th. If you don't want to wait that long to try out the game, there's a Free Play Event running right now that allows access to all of the content within the base game until March 27th. All new players will get 500 free crowns to use in the in-game store. If you've already played the game, your previous characters will be there waiting for you to continue from where you left off. An Xbox Live Gold account is required to access the Free Play Event.
We've got the full list of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.This game was featured in our The Best Xbox MMOs Available in 2018 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?