As we come to the end of our 10th Birthday Celebrations, it seemed fitting to re-introduce our old tradition of adding complicated new features to the site on a Friday afternoon!
We've wanted to add additional filters to game and achievement lists for some time now, but we simply didn't have the room for them in the filter sections at the tops of those pages. To get around that limitation, we've added a new drop-down filter button to all pages. This has enabled us to add some additional options, plus we've rewritten all the lists from the ground up to make them considerably faster!
My games list
As usual, clicking on the My Games
option under your Gamerpic menu takes you to your played games list, but we've added some new things:
My Games List filter
- Game search box - this makes it considerably faster to find games in your list. As you type the game name the list dynamically updates to just show the matching games
- Back Compat Platform - In the platform section, you can now choose Xbox One (Back Compat) which will show you the games that Backwards Compatible on the Xbox One - while you could choose this before from the Other filter dropdown, you couldn't see everything you can play on an Xbox One console in one list - now you can!
- Distribution Type - You can now choose to show just games that are available digitally, or on disc or both
- Walkthrough - you can now choose to list only those games with a published walkthrough
Site full games list
These same filters have also been added to the Site games list
, plus you can choose to only show games in your collection, or games you've played or not played. All of these filters have also been optimized for use on the mobile version of the site:
Mobile version of the Site full games list
My achievements list
Following the My Achievements link on your Gamerpic menu, you'll see some additional filters on your achievement list too:
My achievements filters
- A search box - you can search either game name OR achievement names in this box
- Back Compat Platform - again, find your locked or unlocked achievements for backwards compatible games
- Gamerscore filter - choose achievements with a specific score or ones with a score not divisible by 5
- Exclude done with - you can now exclude done with or no longer own games from this list
- Include games from my collection - show all the achievements from games in your collection, not just games you've played
- Show secret achievement details - you can now toggle this on or off directly on this page
All Xbox achievements list
We've also added most of these filters to the All Xbox achievements
list, making it super easy to look for any achievement you want from the entire list of achievements on Xbox Live!
We hope these additions make it easier for you to rack up some big scores over the weekend!