When Deep Rock Galactic
was last updated, developer Ghost Ship Games decided to combine the contents of two updates into one to get the Beards N' Drills
update. This time they've done exactly the same and have combined the contents of updates 10 and 11 to get the Gun and Tunnels update, which is available now.
The full patch notes can be viewed below and include changes to weapons, cave content and other minor bug fixes:
COMMUNITY REQUESTED FIXES
- Fixed several issues with mouse sensitivity. Sensitivity was not the same in Space Rig and in a Mission, they are now the same. Sensitivity had different values for horizontal and vertical, they can now be set in option.
- Disconnecting controller no longer disables mouse and keyboards
- Test fix for primary monitor (somewhat untested!)
- Fixed Grappling hook infinite life bug
- First implementation of different tunnels for every planetary region
- Added crystal spikes than can drop from the ceiling in Salt Pits
- Sticky Goo added to Fungus Bogs
- Electro Crystals are added and can be found in the Crystal Caverns Region
- Try to prevent dead end tunnels when they are really small and have tight bends.
- New icons for Complexity and Length. It should now be more obvious that Complexity is a serious difficulty increase.
- Complexity icons now shown above Mission icons
- Mission payout directly show below Mission icons
- There is a new switch in the space rig, I wonder what it does?
DOWN CAMERA MODE
- Cycle through players while waiting to be revived or for the game to end. No more staring at your soon to be corpse!
- Sawed off Shotgun shoots 15 pellets dealing 6 damage each - increased to 10 damage each
- Sawed off Shotgun Max ammo 30 bullets - decreased to 16
- Sawed off Shotgun Max Ammo Upgrade - decreased from +10 to +8
GUNNER GATLING GUN REWORK
- Starting Ammo Capacity changed from 1800 to 1600 rounds.
- It is now fed ammo continuously from a single, upgradeable ammo drum - no more reloading!
- Overheats slightly faster - tweaked from 10 seconds of continuous fire to 9.
- Overheating is more punishing - time to cool down raised from 8 seconds to 10
- Upgrades reworked: Upgrades involving ammo and magazine increase have now been made to only focus on the magazine size. First upgrade originally gave you +400 bullets to max ammo it has been changed to +400 to magazine size. Second magazine upgrade will give you a total boost of +400 bullets where it before only increased the magazine size. Resulting in the Gatling Gun packing impressive 2400 bullets when maxed out!
- New Tungsten Bullet upgrade for Gatling Gun has been added allowing you to boost the damage 25%. A mandatory upgrade for players with affinity for Extreme difficulty.
- Added smoke effect to make it more obvious when you overheats
- Changed viewmodel FOV for 100 to 90
- First person view of Weapons are now less stretched
- Reduced overall clipping issues
WEAPONS & TOOLS
- Pickaxe will be less aggressive in hitting non hostile objects
- FIX: Grappling hook getting stuck in grapple mode
- Prevent Pickaxe when using Last Equipped weapon key
- Rephrased super shotgun upgrade to match that it does not get double barrel fire only faster fire rate.
- Fixed Shotgun reload speed upgrade not showing correct numbers
- Bosco can now detect smaller veins of minerals when you order him to mine
- Bosco is now be better at not being in the way when you're mining minerals
HUD / UI
- FIX: Control layouts now contains Controller Layout (again)
- Fixed large upgrade digits barely fit in the UI
- Mission Map locked mission gfx update
- Mission Map: Mission Icons now transparent if mission is locked, Password has correct spacing
- Fix ui bug if incoming player is kicked before he selected character
- Added more space between text lines on terminals (for accented languages)
- Updated all languages from Crowdin
- Korean added to game
SOUND, ANIMATION & EFFECTS
- Driller Pistol Reload Animations
- Driller Pistol and Scout Shotgun are now considered reloaded when it fits the animation, not when the animation ends. This will be implemented on other weapons when they get their own reloads. (Sound update missing)
- Fixed console background anims on clients
- Laser Pointer gfx update
- Background removed from Interact popups
- Damage Overlay gfx updated
- Improved cave leech sounds
- Made Fire animations for flamethrower and gatling gun loop correctly instead of starting over repeatedly
- Fixed tracer on assault rifle
- Shield & health damage overlays now clears after revive
- Drop Spike audio fix
- Added maggot crawl audio
- Tweaked camera offset on 1st person arms.
- Gatling Gun muzzle particle offset tweaked
- Tweaked Tentacle audio location
- Add Weapon Sway to all items
- Added new gatling overheat particles
- Power Drills is now smoking when they overheat.
- Scaled up the flamethrower particles
- Server list defaults to not show password servers
- Asteroids no longer smooth shaded on loading screen!!!
- Controller Right stick is now used as mouse scroll wheel
- Remove Steam Friend test when inviting friends. Private sessions should handle it better now and it was preventing clients inviting friends that were not friends with the server.
- Fixed Molly not being Golden in Memorial Hall when unlocked
- Make Molly and the large spiders prefer to walk on floor
- Fixed Weapon crash
- Enemies are no longer "staggered" by physical damage (Melee)
- Fixed updated Ammo and Clip size was not applied when you first spawned into the mission
- Changed Item scale in first person so that they clip less with other objects.
- Minor fix. Make molly prefer positions on floor when searching for random spot
- Try to fix/improve network errors. Enable kick of players that have not selected a character
- Fixed flare gun flare randomly getting ejected from walls when they are destroyed nearby
- Fixed depth meters for Biomes
- Better support for pathfinder blockers and danger zones. NPCs recalculate paths when entering an area that has changed.
- You can no longer revive while carrying a gem
- Fixed enemies not being able to walk where the drop pod was landed after it has taken off
- Platforms can no longer form inside the drop pod
- Supply Pods can only be called down on terrain.
- Better host quit message
- Newest FOV changes... moved the weapons a bit further away in some animations
- Fix dwarf status is not shown on endscreen
Update 10+11 is available now on both Xbox One and Windows 10.
We don't have them yet, but we'll publish a story as soon as we pick up the Deep Rock Galactic achievements.