Bluehole Studio's extremely popular battle royale title PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
continues to receive regular updates to improve the game's performance while it remains in Xbox Game Preview. Arriving today, Patch #12 continues to fix bugs and add gameplay improvements for different parts of the game.
The highlights of the patch include various vehicle optimisations, including increased damage in vehicle collisions and fixing the randomly flipping vehicles. You can see the full patch notes below:
Optimization and Stabilization
- Partially optimized the vehicle system. The dust effect caused by friction with the ground during driving has especially been optimized, and the vehicle system has been improved in part.
- Fixed a problem with voice chat that caused some crashes.
- Grass objects in Erangel have been optimized and will continue to be optimized going forward.
- Fixed a serious bug that caused vehicles to flip or get airtime for no reason. This includes the three-wheel bike.
- Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances the character would be upside down or seated in a strange position when moving seats while riding in vehicles.
- Player will receive more damage in a vehicle collision. The heavier the vehicle, the greater the damage inflicted upon the player. Also, players are now more likely to die or be knocked out when colliding with a vehicle running at high speed.
- The vehicle passenger will receive more damage when the vehicle crashes into an obstacle like a wall or tree. When crashing into something at high speed on a smaller vehicle, such as a motorcycle, the player will take much more damage.
- Fixed issue causing the 4x scope to be excessively reflective.
- Fixed issue causing certain UI layouts not being properly aligned.
- Fixed issue of buttons bound to the UI(map, inventory etc.) affecting vehicle operation.
- Fixed issue of equipment icons not shown properly on the HUD.
- Fixed issue of LT, RT scrolling not working in the inventory when using controller preset B.
- Fixed issue of excessive acceleration when the stick is tilted more than a certain angle depending on the R stick acceleration setting.
- Fixed issue of team member indicators incorrectly showing on the plane
Other Bug Fixes
- Removed collision of discarded magazine on the floor after reloading.
- Fixed a cosmetic bug that occurred when characters wore certain clothing or shoes.
- Fixed issue of fonts breaking up in case of certain languages.
Scheduled fixes for identified issues
- When changing the deadzone settings in the lobby, the options screen needs to be opened once again for the settings to be reflected. This issue will be fixed soon.
- Added a new free crate ("Western Military Crate") that can be earned with BP.
The developer has confirmed the list of items that can be found in the crate and their drop rates. The list is below:
|Tank Top (Gray)||20%|
|Raglan T-shirt (Red/White)||20%|
|Polo Shirt (Pink)||20%|
|Vintage Polo Shirt||20%|
|Military Shirt (Gray)||6.5%|
|Military Trousers (Black)||6.5%|
|Long Sleeved Turtleneck (Black)||3%|
|Utility Belt (Brown)||1.4%|
|Camo Tank Top (Red)||1.4%|
|Military Boots (Black)||0.4% |
|Vintage Gas Mask||0.28% |
|Leather Bootcut Pants||0.08%|
|Military Jacket (Black)||0.05%|
|Military Cap (Black)||0.05%|
|Cowboy Hat (Brown)||0.028%|
|Faux Leather Jacket||0.0128%|
|Cowboy Hat (White)||0.0128%|
|Military Skirt (Black)||0.0064%|
Patch #12 is available on Xbox One now.
We don't have them yet, but we'll publish a story as soon as we pick up the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds achievements.