A release date has been confirmed for Monster Slayers
, the upcoming rogue-like deck-building adventure from Nerdook Productions, and a new trailer previews the gameplay.
is the brainchild of Peter Whalen (Hearthstone
) and is inspired by deck-building RPG Dream Quest
. It sends players on a quest through the dangerous Northern Valley to defeat the might Harbinger.
Key Features Monster Slayers
- Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monstrous foes using a unique card-based combat system
- Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
- Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
- Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
- 12 different character classes to choose from: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer
- Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
- Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
- Beat the game to unlock the ultimate challenge: Legendary Mode
launches on May 18th. A 20% pre-order discount is available now on the Xbox store.