While Perfect World Entertainment's other popular console MMO Neverwinter
has been getting all of the attention of late, it doesn't mean that Star Trek Online
has been left behind. This week, the console version of the game got a new update that brought along a new Featured Episode, a new Secondary Specialization, and plenty of other bug fixes and gameplay improvements.
The new Featured Episode, titled "The Renegade’s Regret", explores Tzenkethi Captain Neth Parr's guilt over the war of which she's been a part. Every death pushed her towards the thought of rebellion until she finally abandoned her post at the battle of Bajor. Having betrayed her hero and admiral, she sought political asylum on Deep Space 9. The episode looks at the events that led to that moment and what her life was like as a Captain before she surrendered. The episode includes a new game mode where players can take on the role of the character on the ground as well as flying the Coalition Warship Steadfast.
For more details on the new episode and the rest of the changes, check out the patch notes below:
New Featured Episode: The Renegade’s Regret
- The new Featured Episode “The Renegade’s Regret” has been added to the Featured Episode tab in the journal.
- Travel to Deep Space Nine and speak to Tzenkethi Captain Neth Parr to find out why she betrayed her people to help save Bajor.
- This episode is available for level 10 Captains and above.
- For more information, please visit the “The Renegade’s Regret” blog here.
Constable Secondary Specialization:
- This new Secondary Specialization is themed around upholding the law that keeps modern societies functioning, much like the way Constable Odo did for Deep Space Nine.
- This Specialization is unique in that it benefits the player whether in space or ground.
- For more details, please visit the Constable Secondary Specialization blog here.
- Resolved an issue that prevented players from accessing the Account Bank from summoned freighters.
- Changed Space Auto Attack default to Toggle.
- Which in game is listed as "Toggle, Target Change Cancels".
- Bridge officers are now assigned to empty slots when readying a ship.
- Bridge Officers are chosen by how much the player has used them in previous ships.
- Everything Old is New: Slight alterations to behavior of McCoy to prevent certain issues that could hinder mission progression.
- Khitomer Accord: Adjusted behavior for the final boss so that it should not get into a state where it fully heals in between phases of combat.
- Updated healing debuffs on the Kobayashi Maru to decrease regeneration over time, and then at final debuff state, continuously remove Temp HP and Secondary Shielding.
- The Red Alert prompts will not be visible when on cooldown for Red Alerts.
- The spotlight texture on the Type 1 Windows of the NX-Refit are no longer bright white.
- Removed the “Finish Now” button from appearing while upgrading items.
- The exchange now has a category for Ship Vanity shield.
- Resolved an issue where opening the Uniform preset pull down snapped the Uniform to another option.
- Resolved an issue that caused Latinum to be spelled incorrectly in some cases.
- Resolved a typo in the Undiscovered Lockbox broadcast message of the the word "Dreadnought" instead of "Deadnought".
- Resolved an issue that caused several batteries to display incorrect icons when slotted in the power tray.
- Quantum Singularity Manipulation can once again be activated while the player is cloaked or the cloak is disabled.
- Resolved an issue that prevented the Bajor Defense Hyper-Impulse Engines from working correctly with Destructible Torpedoes or Mines.
- The Reactive Nanite Screen set bonus now always heals between 100 and 20,000 per heal, and can only heal 10 times per second per ally.
- Resolved an issue that could cause your Destabilized Warp Core to flank the player using it.
- Slipstream Drive now cannot be canceled for the first 5 seconds after activating it.
- Updated Cannons: Scatter Volley arc from a 45° arc to a 90° arc.
- Updated the Automated Defense Turret to now always automatically kill torpedoes and mines that it shoots at.
- Updated the Prolonged Engagement weapons to properly handle their weapon-specific haste.
- Updated Amplified Relays stacks to last until the player leaves combat.
- Updated Talaxian Salvage Specialist trait to now have a small chance of granting Salvage instead of R&D Materials when it triggers.
- Resolved an issue that was causing the Throttle damage to show as a negative on the engine.
- Resolved an issue that caused some non-Vanity-only Shields, Deflectors, or Impulse Engines to default equip to Vanity slots.
- Removed the reference to the health % requirements from the short description of Ramming Speed 3.
- Resolved an issue that prevented the [Full] modifier on Impulse Engines from stacking.
- Resolved an issue that prevented the Jupiter trait from being locked out.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Lead Foot trait to grant an excessive turn rate boost while in slipstream.
- Resolved an issue that displayed the base warp speed as 4.5 too high.
- Updated Gravity Well I & II descriptions.
- Updated Cyclical Auxiliary Conduits and T'varo Console Set Bonus descriptions.
- Updated the description of the Technicians that reduce the recharge times of bridge officers after activating Auxiliary Power to the Emergency Battery.
- Updated most tooltips referencing Warp Speed to update to the accurate warp speed.
- This is a tooltip change only.
- Updated the description of the Unstable Anomalies Starship Trait to be more accurate.
- This is a display change only.
- Updated the Shield Penetration mod on the TR-116b from "[ShPen]x4" to "[4xShPen]" to clarify that this is a single Mod, not a collection of four separate ones.
- Updated the description of the Omega Force Antiproton Autocarbine to be more accurate.
- This is a tooltip change only.
- Bajor Defense Hyper-Impulse Engines.
- This is tooltip change only.
- Resolved a typo with the word “abilities” on the Bajor Defense Deflector Array.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing Ramming Speed Kinetic damage from being resisted.
- Resolved and issue that caused secondary deflector tooltips to show a Duty Officer that attaches to deflector abilities Tyken's Rift and Gravity Well.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Protonic Polaron Turrets to fire Scatter Volley II when they should be firing Scatter Volley III.
- Resolved an issue where activating Tactical Mode in Dyson Science Destroyers increased the player’s inertia by only 10, instead of 20 as intended.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Inertia modifier on Impulse Engines to increase the players inertia by 10%, instead of 10
- Resolved a typo on the Choose your Pain kit modules debuff name.
- Camera can occasionally become disconnected from player character after viewing a cutscene in Renegade's Regret Xbox One.
- A work around to resolve this is to cycle through the camera distance options.
- Camera may zoom in and out during cutscenes in Renegade’s Regret on Xbox One.
- “What’s New” section does not list Season 14.5 information.
As well as the above changes, Cryptic Studios will be making changes to how XP Boosts work. Most of you would naturally be thinking the worst at this point, but they'll actually be increasing the amount of XP you get for your money, and the Large increase will be getting a price drop from 975 Zen to 600 Zen. You can find out more about those changes here
All of the above changes were due to arrive with the launch of Season 14.5, which means they should be available in game right now.
We've got the full list of Star Trek Online achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our Best Xbox MMOs Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.