Aksys posted on their website today that they are running a Japan Benefit Sale to raise money for relief in Japan following the earthquake and tsunami which devastated the country late last week.
The CEO of the company, Akibo Shieh, shared the following statement:
The thoughts and prayers of our staff are with the people of Japan. We have many friends, relatives, and business partners who have found themselves suddenly faced with a level of tragedy that most of us can scarcely imagine. The scale of destruction is immense, but we have no doubt that with a combined effort it can be reversed, and every contribution—no matter the size—will play an important part in doing so. We can all play a part in helping Japan overcome this crisis... If you can’t afford to buy anything, spread the word. Together, we can help.There are sales available for Aksys games across a variety of consoles, with several Xbox 360 titles in the mix.
* BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger + Vol. 1 & 2 of the CD Soundtrack – $19.99 (was $35)
* BlazBlue: Continuum Shift + Vol. 1 & 2 of the CD Soundtrack – $29.99 (was $39.99)
* Deathsmiles Limited Edition – $29.99 (was $49.99)
* Deathsmiles Standard Edition – $19.99 (was $29.99)
* Guilty Gear 2: Overture + CD Soundtrack – $14.99 (was $19.99)
* Record of Agarest War + Mousepad & Pillow – $39.99 (was $49.99)
The sales run from today through March 24th with 100% of the proceeds going toward charity efforts in Japan.