During Microsoft's on-stage show at E3, they introduced a new Fast Start system that aimed to get players into their Xbox Game Pass game twice as fast on average as they did previously. A new update for the Xbox One Preview Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead rings has rolled out this feature for a select number of those titles. The update also introduces a Game Pass tab, as well as fixing a few bugs.
Seven titles have had the Fast Start system introduced and Microsoft would appreciate your help in testing them out. There should already be a Quest and Survey available for players to give feedback. The titles are:
For Preview members in the United States, the update also replaces the Entertainment tab on the dashboard with a Game Pass tab. This allows easier access to the Game Pass catalogue. Preview members outside of the US will continue to see the Entertainment tab for now.
In terms of bug fixes, Xbox One system update (1806.180615-1909) made the following fixes:
Microsoft EdgeFinally, they've also provided some workarounds for a few known issues:
- Fixed an issue with Microsoft Edge changing the default zoom level of all newly created tabs when going into reading mode so it displays correctly.
- Various localization fixes across the console.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
- The issue with some users are encountering an issue with the Youtube app stuttering is being resolved by YouTube with an app update.
FriendsThe update was beginning to roll out to Xbox One Preview Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead rings yesterday at 2:00 p.m. PDT, so all players in those rings should have received it by now.
Game Pass Tab
- Some users may notice that the online status of Friends is not updating correctly.
- Preview Alpha and Alpha – Skip Ahead users will notice that the Entertainment tab has been replaced on the dashboard with Game Pass content. This new tab allows for easy access to the Game Pass catalog and is only available in the US region at this time, so Preview Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead Insiders in regions outside of the US will continue to see the Entertainment tab.
- Some users may encounter an issue where their Pins are not displaying artwork or are seeing a while tile instead of their profile color.
- Workaround: Please perform the following steps to fix the issue
- Open My Games & Apps
- Navigate to Groups tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Select Delete all groups
- Select Delete local groups
- The Groups tab in My games & apps may not show after sign in even though you can access Groups in Guide, or you may see “This group does not exist” on Home on first sign-in for your existing Groups. Workaround: Sign in / out to refresh these pages.
- Some changes might not be reflected when editing Groups between multiple consoles after coming out of connected standby. Sign in/out to fix.
- Using special characters in Group names (e.g. &,”) causes issues during Group creation or using the “Add more” flow. Note: emojis are fine. This is being fixed in an upcoming build.
- You may see issues with Groups if you frequently switch between your non-Preview console and your Preview console. Workaround: Reset your Groups locally on the Preview console through “My games & apps” > Groups, then using the “Reset groups” button at the bottom of the page to resync from the service.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problem for investigation by performing a Full system software via the dashboard as opposed to just pressing the Xbox Power button.
- Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app.
- Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.