If you’ve been obsessed with Overwatch: Origins Edition
, you’re aware of the latest update surrounding the Endorsements & Looking for Group
function. Blizzard has also been teasing a new character via social media. Over the weekend, the character was revealed as Wrecking Ball, a resourceful tinkerer with remarkable mechanic skills, who also happens to be an adorable hamster. Don’t believe me? Check out a couple of screenshots below.
Cuteness aside, Wrecking Ball (aka Hammond) is not to be toyed with. As an experiment carried out at Horizon Lunar Colony, Hammond exhibited exceptional growth in physical size and brain function. He became a Mech Pilot/Mechanic and even escaped to Junkertown. Now free to travel and do as he pleases, Wrecking Ball is exploring the world and finding new adventures along the way. The little furball also received his own origin trailer explaining it all below.
Still not enough? In the latest developer update, game director Jeff Kaplan introduces Overwatch’s 28th hero to the world along with key details of his background. In the video, Jeff highlights the hero’s abilities. His full abilities are as follows:
- Automatic assault weapons.
- Transform into a ball and increase maximum movement speed.
- Launch a grappling claw to rapidly swing around the area. Enables high speed collisions to damage and knockback enemies.
- Deploy a massive field of proximity mines.
- Create temporary personal shields. Amount increases with more enemies nearby.
- Slam into the ground below to damage and launch enemies upward.
If you’re still desperate for more information surrounding Wrecking Ball, or if you can’t get enough of Jeff Kaplan via developer updates, check out the video.
Unfortunately, no official release date has been announced for Wrecking Ball. Console gamers must be patient and wait to get their hands on furry little Hammond.
We've got the full list of Overwatch: Origins Edition achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.Check out our The Best Xbox First Person Shooters Available in 2018 article for a compilation of other great games in this genre.