THQ have released details on the upcoming patch for their 'jam packed' recent release, Homefront
THQ and Kaos Studios have been completely taken by surprise as to how fast Homefront
has sold since release. With such rapid sales of the game, its servers just couldn't handle the huge demand for multiplayer carnage! It was announced
last week that besides extra servers being put to work, a patch was also in the works to hopefully resolve some of the other known issues relating to the online mulitplayer side of the game.
The incoming title update will address Profile Corruption (a.k.a. the 'Freeze' bug), Leaderboard, Matchmaking and Stats issues. Here are the details:
Update 1: Xbox 360 Critical Title Update
- Scheduled for Microsoft Submission in the next day or two
- Fixing the Xbox Live Profile Corruption ‘Freeze’ Issue
- Fix for players being matched in distant server locations
2. Update 2: Additional Game Issues Fixes
- Xbox 360 will submit as soon as Update 1 is released live.
- Fixes include:
- Multiplayer Freezing (affecting X360 & PS3)
- Experience and Statistics Resets (affecting X360 & PS3)
- Improving Party Matchmaking & Joining with Friends (affecting X360 & PS3)
- Fixing the Beacon Error (affecting X360 only)
- Correcting inconsistent Leaderboards data (affecting X360 & PS3)
The update will be submitted to Microsoft within "the next day or two", so hopefully the patch will be available very shortly.