Harmonix has launched the 'I Love Rock and Roll Battle' for players of Rock Band 3
. The aim of the competition is to grab a guitar and achieve a single player high score on Joan Jett and the Blackhearts' "I Love Rock 'n' Roll", available on the RB3
disc. Players who beat the Harmonix community team scores get a chance to win a RB3
keyboard bundle and MSP. Here is a full list of prizes:
• Grand Prize - A Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle & $100 in console points on the platform of your choice
• Second Prize - $50 in console points on the platform of your choice
• Third Prize - $40 in console points on the platform of your choice
• Fourth Prize - $30 in console points on the platform of your choice
• Fifth Prize - $20 in console points on the platform of your choice
• Five winners selected at random - $20 in console points on the platform of your choice
To be eligible for the competition, players must be over 14 years of age and live in the US. You must also be registered with Rockband.com (click here
to register if you haven't already), and your gamertag must be linked to that account. Players must then join the battle here
by entering your contact email address. Harmonix has also released step-by-step instructions for playing the battle in-game:
• Select “Tour” from the Main Menu.
• Select either “Local Tour”, or “Xbox LIVE Band”.
• Choose the band you wish to compete with (if you have no bands, choose “Create New Band” to create one).
• For each controller that you wish to compete in the Battle, press the Green Fret button (guitar)
• Once all competing controllers have been added, press the START button to progress to the Band Menu.
• Select “Battle of the Bands” from the Band Menu.
• Select the “I Love Rock and Roll” Battle.
• Press the START button to compete in the Battle.
In the words of Harmonix, "we’re not that good", so the current community team scores that players are aiming to beat are as follows:
• HMXPope - 23,279
• HMXHenry - 40,768
The competition ends at 1:59 PM ET on March 28th, 2011. Winners will be notified on April 4th, 2011.