Three months ago, The Jackbox Party Pack 5
was announced as the latest compilation of five party games to be heading to consoles. The first title to be revealed was You Don't Know Jack
. At E3, developer Jackbox Games took the opportunity to reveal a new title, Split the Room, as the second game in the pack. Now, another new title has been announced as the third game in the pack: Mad Verse City. The game pits players against each other in rap battles with a twist.
Mad Verse City has been invaded by giant robots. The majority of the city's residents have gone away, leaving behind an enthusiastic crowd and a pair of hosts, Shadow Master MC and DJ Raych. Those left behind are here for one reason only — to witness the biggest rap battles they've ever seen. With mega cash prizes at stake, it's up to players to decide who is the greatest. The game's features include:
The Jackbox Party Pack 5
- Beautiful, retro-cartoony art.
- The ability to write sick rhymes using your smartphone.
- Hear your MC avatar rap the bars you write out loud (they’re a little robotic, but their doing their best).
- HUGE scores. Try to make a million dollars!
- “Write for Me” and “Suggestions” to help you when you’re off your game.
- Cheer along during the raps and hear the crowd roar.
is coming to Xbox One as part of the ID@Xbox program this fall, meaning they only have a few more months to announce the remaining two games in the package. As soon as they do, we'll be sure to let you know.
We don't have them yet, but we'll publish a story as soon as we pick up the The Jackbox Party Pack 5 achievements.