It's been almost two years since Gears of War 4
released, and since then, The Coalition has not been shy with adding achievements to the game. The game currently has 149 achievements on offer worth 3,500 Gamerscore, and at the time of writing, the TrueAchievement ratio is insane as the game offers 17,772 TrueAchievement points. The development team is getting ready to add the last 500 Gamerscore to the game to round the total off at 4,000. However, it's going to be down to the community this time around to design the achievements for the last list and add their own twists to the game.
The Coalition has opened up a forum thread
for players to post their ideas and suggestions in the form of achievement names, requirements, and descriptions for the final list. On Tuesday, August 7th at 11am PT, the thread will then be closed, and the team will go through the submissions and pick the "most creative/interesting/fun (and most importantly POSSIBLE) ideas!".
Post your submission in the thread with the following template:
Achievement Requirements: Describe what would unlock the achievement (e.g. 100 kills at Anvil Gate in Campaign Prologue on Insane Difficulty)
(OPTIONAL) Achievement Name: No more than 44 characters (including spaces)
(OPTIONAL) Achievement Description: No more than 100 characters (including spaces) [please make sure that your description is as precise as possible]
It's also worth noting the following too:
- We are not committing to a specific number of winners to give us flexibility and to allow us to focus on quality submissions and include as many of them as possible.
- There are no rewards for taking part of this contest other than the fun about having your achievement in the game. That definitely doesn’t exclude some very cool acknowledgement for the selected achievement creators though! (please note that only the original creator, i.e. the first post mentioning the selected idea(s) will be acknowledged)
- We might combine several ideas together to create one achievement (e.g. Gamertag A suggests “Do C”, Gamertag B suggests “Do D” – we create one achievement “Do C and D”).
- We reserve the right to modify any parameters of the achievement, including name, description and requirements.
- By submitting your achievement, we reserve the right to use the Gamertag(s) of the original achievement creator(s) in its description (unless the gamertag is found to be offensive, abusive or derogatory). This is not guaranteed, but it’s something we’d love to do.
Drop us some of your ideas in the comments below too.
Thanks to the members of community who sent this into us.
We've got the full list of Gears of War 4 achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.This game was featured in our The Best Xbox Third Person Shooters Available in 2018 article. Why not check it out to see what else made the cut?